Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » anyone using CentOS or Debian based KMS in VMWare?
  •  
playersons

Send a private message to this user
Problem: the mailstore is on an external RAID that is attached to the host system. By sharing these volumes in VMWare I can make them available for the guest system (Debian Lenny). Permissions look ok to me, at least I can read and write in any of the directories when logged in on the guest.

KMS is complaining about opening or creating mailboxes when receiving new messages:

Result: failed, Status: 5.1.2 Cannot open or create destination mailbox

When accessing the mailbox in webmail the INBOX looks like a regular folder and contained messages are not visible. Subfolders and their content are ok. Sending messages and other IMAP tasks are working, too.

The mailstore was previously attached to a Mac OS X host and still works fine when accessed from there.
I even fiddled with the /etc/fstab entry to change default ownership and permissions for the shared volumes, but to no avail.

I also tried the preconfigured CentOS VM provided by Kerio but could not get any shared folders to work with that one at all.

Thanks for any hints.
playersons
  •  
playersons

Send a private message to this user
Update:

Turns out, error messages disappear and incoming messages can be delivered to mailboxes when shared volumes in question are set to ignore ownership. After doing so, the "INBOX" itself and its content appears as supposed again. But permissions are set to r/w for everyone....

Is that the expected way to handle this? Or am I missing something?
Previous Topic: encrypted email
Next Topic: mail forwarding wont work because of alias?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:17:34 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00396 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.