Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Palm Pre active sync errors
  •  
cwachs

Send a private message to this user
With the Palm Pre out for less than 1 day, I'm already getting calls about it. More than 1 user is complaining that new mail is not arriving on the device and when they go into various mail folders in their account with the Pre, no mail appears. Additionally, new or changed contacts or calendar items are not syncing.

Checking my server error logs, I see a large number of these:

[06/Jun/2009 17:09:34] ASyncAirSync.cpp: ActiveSyncAirSync::ParseClientToServerWBXmlCommands: Unknown class:

This seems to only be with those that selected "Exchange Server" as the mail server type when they set up their account on the Pre. For those doing IMAP, mail seems to function fine (but without the contacts & calendar syncing).

I realize this is day 1 but I sort of assume Kerio has been testing with a Pre??

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
cwachs

Update: Looks like calendar and contact items do not sync after the initial syncronization.

User set up his "EAS" account on the Pre and entered his Kerio credentials. It downloaded all his mail as well as contacts and calendar items. Seemed to work.

However, now the problem comes with updates. After the initial sync, we are unable to get any further contacts or calendar items to sync either direction. Mail syncs inbound but changes (read status, delete, folder moving) do not sync outbound from the Pre back to the server.

If you set up your mail as IMAP, everything works as you would expect it to - and very fast.

We set up a Google calendar and contact account on the phone (since it supports both). Syncing in both directions works fine. Seems to be Kerio EAS issues at the moment. Don't have access to a Microsoft ES to test it there - just Kerio.

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
hchavarria

I am having the same exact problem. Pre with EAS not working well. After the inital sync nothing updates, I have even stopped receiving new email.
  •  
trellus

I just want to report I am having the exact same issue -- initial sync of Contacts was wonderful and complete, but no changes in either direction even when forcing a manual sync from the Pre: contacts added on the Kerio server show up in my synced Apple Address Book on the Mac, but not on the Palm Pre, and contacts added to the Pre do not show up on Kerio server (and the Kerio account is set as the "default" account for new Contacts, and the Pre shows the newly added contact as "linked" to the Kerio account).

As an additional data point, I am running what is currently the latest Palm webOS version, 1.02.
  •  
tchikaya

looks like you guys have gotten further than me. i am unable to download anything to my pre via exchange. i send emails out and it recognizes my folder list, and the global access list but no emails, contacts, or calendar events are downloaded.

spent hours on the phone with sprint and palm.
  •  
hchavarria

I opened a ticket with KMS support and they said:

I have heard of other Palm Pre users experiencing these sorts of problems when attempting to connect to KMS. The Palm Pre is not officially supported by Kerio. We do have a feature request to have this support added in a future version ok KMS. I will add your request to this entry in our database. Unfortunately, right now, we do not have a time frame as to when KMS might support the Pre.

Regards,
  •  
cwachs

hchavarria wrote on Mon, 08 June 2009 16:06

I opened a ticket with KMS support and they said:

I have heard of other Palm Pre users experiencing these sorts of problems when attempting to connect to KMS. The Palm Pre is not officially supported by Kerio. We do have a feature request to have this support added in a future version ok KMS. I will add your request to this entry in our database. Unfortunately, right now, we do not have a time frame as to when KMS might support the Pre.

Regards,

Does Kerio actively monitor this forum or should those of us with Pre users open tickets or put in feature requests? Do more of the same feature requests put it higher on the list??

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
hchavarria

My guess is that they do monitor the forums but I really don't know. It can't hurt to open tickets I suppose.
  •  
badams7

kind of dropped the ball supporting the pre

support should have been ready to go at launch, it supports exchange just fine
  •  
hchavarria

I decided to use IMAP for now, although not the best solution at least i'll get emails. I hope Kerio can find a way to make it work promptly...this is critical.
  •  
cwachs

I opened a ticket and got a response back from tier 2 support. They are aware of the problem, suggest using IMAP for now and stated they do not have any time frame for the repair of this bug. It seems that my ticket in addition to the other open ticket(s) added to the request list. If you have not yet opened a ticket for this and it is an issue for you, I would open one since the more requests they get seem to help with the priority of the fix. I just hope it is not more than 30 days since that is the drop dead date for returning the phone.

What still confuses me is why does my Palm Centro work flawlessly yet the Pre fails miserably and the fault for this is Kerio?? It is true that those on Microsoft Exchange Server (SP1) are not reporting the bug - their phones work as designed. Seems odd that EAS works with one server but not another - isn't deployment of EAS a standard?

-----------
Server installation:
Kerio Connect 7.1
OS X Server 10.5.8
Apple G4 X Serve
  •  
badams7

anybody hear anything on this yet?
  •  
tchikaya

hey guys. i got it working. i had to install service pack 1 for the exchange server. palm says they are going to release an update soon where you don't have to do this but i could not wait.

service pack 1 install for exchange took a while but it works. at least for me.
  •  
hchavarria

You installed Exchange Server SP1 on the Kerio Server?
billb3

cwachs wrote on Wed, 10 June 2009 02:07

Seems odd that EAS works with one server but not another - isn't deployment of EAS a standard?

No, only a few email server companies have officially licensed the Activesync specs from Microsoft (for lots of $$)...most others are using reverse engineering. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe Kerio has licensed the specs.

Even with the specs, every mobile OS (WinMo, iPhone, Symbian, PalmOS, etc) deal with things slightly differently...so you never know. MS Exchange is the most popular server and what 95% of developers test against...so naturally it will have the best support.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 June 2009 16:53]

Previous Topic: Best backup solution to speed up process
Next Topic: Mailinglist translation
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 23:55:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00563 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.