Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » wrdrv.sys causes DHCP slowdown on boot
  •  
GreyGhost

Send a private message to this user
I've been trying KWF 5.1.10 for a while now and it works fine except for one thing: when I boot it causes a slowdown on the KWF server, which gets its internet(cable modem) side IP adress via DHCP. This slowdown causes explorer(shell) to freeze and the Startup programs to start slowly and/or with errors. If I boot and wait to login for 3 minutes everything is just fine, I still get the errors shown below but there is no slowdown (anymore?).

The DHCP fails the first time(s) for some reason causing the following errors in the event viewer:

Under Application:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Perflib
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2002
Date: 17-04-2004
Time: 10:08:34
User: N/A
Computer: {REMOVED}

Description:
The open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" has taken longer than the established wait time to complete. There may be a problem with this extensible counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have been very busy when this call was attempted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

AND

Event Type: Error
Event Source: PerfNet
Event ID: 2004
Time: 10:08:23
Computer: {REMOVED}
Description:
Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 34 00 00 c0 4..

In the Event Viewer system area:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Dhcp
Event ID: 1003
Time: 15:32:28
Computer: {Removed}
Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address {Removed my MAC}. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Data:
0000: 79 00 00 00 y...

I also find this in the debug log of KWF:

[17/Apr/2004 09:20:10] Service "DNS" started, bound to address 169.254.170.117
[17/Apr/2004 09:20:15] Service "DNS" bound to address 169.254.170.117 stopped
[17/Apr/2004 09:20:15] Service "DNS" started, bound to address {REMOVED MY IP ADRESS}

Caused by the fact that DHCP first gives out a reserved DHCP adress.

Turning of the Firewall and Monitor does not make the problem go away, disabling wrdrv.sys in device manager does (also a uninstall of kwf), so I think that might be the problem.

My computer is a freshly installed WinXP SP1 with all current updates.

[Updated on: Sat, 17 April 2004 16:10]

Previous Topic: Denial Page Customization
Next Topic: Ghost Corporate Edition
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 06:17:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.