Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail From my own account to my own account (I have a lot of mail all accounts of my domain to the same address.)
  •  
mcanosam

Send a private message to this user
I need help!. I'm receiving a lot of mail from my domain accounts with differentes subjects. In sames cases, it is mark as spam, but in anothers not.
That is, form example:
I have one mail: From: spepito<_a.t_>zzz.com, To: spepito<_a.t_>zzz.com Sender IP: 62.69.60.126, Subject: Emergent situation, Message size: 1957
And other mail: From: spepito<_a.t_>pft.com.ar, To: spepito<_a.t_>pft.com.ar, Sender IP: 71.212.227.21, Subject: Our teacher died, Message size: 1969

If i see the return path of a non spam classified mail, i can see
Return-Path: <herbarticl<_a.t_>riversedgedancewear.com>

What can it be? How can i solve this?
I have allow relay only from ip from my LAN
Thanks
  •  
sgongola

It is not a relay issue. Setting up SPF (even only on your own local dns server) should help. With SPF, you will only accept email from your domain if it comes from your own mail "sender".
See http://support.kerio.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=v iewarticle&kbarticleid=497
  •  
mcanosam

Thanks!
But, how this technology works? I don't understand if the DNS serve have or not to support it. The DNS Server that store my MX Records is external. Is of an ISP. (Telefónica)
Thanks!
  •  
sgongola

The mail server requests the appropriate SPF TXT record from a name server and use the record to identify what ip address(es) are allowed to send email for that domain. If the incoming mail is not from that address, it is rejected.
You may need to have your ISP add the appropriate SPF TXT records. If you know how, you can also setup an internal name server that you can also use for SPF.
  •  
mcanosam

Thanks. I will try with that.
Thanks again!
  •  
mcanosam

Ok. It works. But, i have users with BlackBerry and others with notebooks that when they travell they use a public IP...how can i do with that?
Thanks
  •  
sgongola

mcanosam wrote on Tue, 09 June 2009 16:54

users with BlackBerry ... and notebooks ... use a public IP...how can i do with that?
How are they sending mail?

Mail with your domain that relays through your mail server should not be a problem. That also means you may be having an open relay which is a problem for you.

If the notebook is using a vpn connection to your network, it also should not be a problem.

If sending from yahoo/gmail/aol/att/blackberry/etc the actual email address should be used. Using your own domain address can result in being blocked via SPF/CallerID. That is its purpose: to prevent sending email with a counterfeit From address.

Some mail programs are able to Send on Behalf and Send As another email address in a way that does not interfere with SPF anf CallerID. You can google for more information about it.
  •  
mcanosam

Previous Topic: Number of displayed messages in Webmail
Next Topic: Claritude's SpeedFiler
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:41:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.