Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » No access in iCal in 10.6 Dev Preview
  •  
nbgrant

Send a private message to this user
So I just installed the Dev Preview of Snow Leopard and have been playing with the auto-iCal setup. Going through CalDAV the calendars will download, but it seems that delegation and permissions do not.

So....I can see my calendar, but I cannot edit it at all. I'm told that only the Calendar's Admin and privileged users can.

I'll keep playing with settings, but anyone had any luck with their copy so far?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Thank you for your report. We will not post any comment related to confidential information of other companies, which includes non-public betas of Snow Leopard.
  •  
jshaw541

nbgrant wrote on Wed, 10 June 2009 14:20

So I just installed the Dev Preview of Snow Leopard and have been playing with the auto-iCal setup. Going through CalDAV the calendars will download, but it seems that delegation and permissions do not.

So....I can see my calendar, but I cannot edit it at all. I'm told that only the Calendar's Admin and privileged users can.

I'll keep playing with settings, but anyone had any luck with their copy so far?

It's frustrating I know, but we're bound by the NDA, and so is Kerio. Which means no talking either way.

You may also visit https://devforums.apple.com/index.jspa and discuss NDA'd topics with other NDA'd people, and pray that a developer from Kerio might see it and respond.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 June 2009 20:30]

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
howiedi2

If Kerio doesn't have KMS ready when Snow Leopard ships, I will stop using it for calendars and contacts. I won't be forced not to upgrade because they can't keep up with Apple. Apple customers normally upgrade to the most current Mac OS very quickly. We should not have to hold back our upgrades just because Kerio can't or won't move more quickly. It will be absolutely unacceptable if Kerio is not 100% Snow Leopard compatible from day one.
  •  
howiedi2

I think some kind of response from Kerio is warranted. You're not divulging Apple's proprietary information by saying how you will address these issues. I will stop using Kerio for calendars if this problem is still around when Snow Leopard ships. It is irresponsible for a problem like this to even exist. I have seen this exact same issue while testing functionality of KMS with Snow Leopard. Please fix this problem, or lose customers.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Don't worry. Kerio MailServer will be fully compatible with Apple iCal on Snow Leopard release day.
  •  
My IT Indy

I've already submitted several bugs to Apple on this. They know.

Now, let's see if Apple pulls it's head out of it's....armpit and actually allows devs access to the GM before the customers have it. I remember with Leopard that Devs had to wait like 2-4 weeks for their copies for download AFTER it was released to the general public.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
spudatron

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 09 August 2009 19:10
Don't worry. Kerio MailServer will be fully compatible with Apple iCal on Snow Leopard release day.

So it will be ready by this Friday?
  •  
howiedi2

I think we need some definite answers on this. I have hundreds of users who will upgrade on Friday. They won't be very happy to find out that that their calendars won't work right. I have no control over them upgrading or not, so I'm basically screwed on Friday if there isn't an update BEFORE Snow Leopard ships.
  •  
howiedi2

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sun, 09 August 2009 09:10

So what's the word on this? You have less than 4 days. Doesn't it make since to get the update out BEFORE Friday?
  •  
My IT Indy

Keep in mind Apple originally said October for the release and then pushed it to Sept. Now they just changed it again to Friday. That's not a whole lot of notice to get things working properly ESPECIALLY since Apple has not officially seeded a GM build to developers. Developers have a seed available to them, but no official confirmation that it's the GM build.

Once again Apple screws with its' developers.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
howiedi2

HoosierMac wrote on Tue, 25 August 2009 03:33
Keep in mind Apple originally said October for the release and then pushed it to Sept. Now they just changed it again to Friday. That's not a whole lot of notice to get things working properly ESPECIALLY since Apple has not officially seeded a GM build to developers. Developers have a seed available to them, but no official confirmation that it's the GM build.

Let's not blame this on Apple! Kerio knew full well that these changes were on the way. It's total B.S. to try and lay all of this on Apple. Whether Apple is releasing on Friday, sometime in September, or in October, it's irresponsible for Kerio to not have the update ready, or at least keep their customers, and partners informed.
  •  
My IT Indy

Howie,

Maybe you should alert your customers instead of passing the blame on to somebody else. Again, it's YOUR service the customers are paying for. Take the initiative and let them know it might not be 100% compatible so they should hold off upgrading if they want YOUR service to work.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2009 03:47]

-
My IT Indy
  •  
howiedi2

HoosierMac wrote on Tue, 25 August 2009 03:43
Howie, you have no idea what you are talking about. I'm done with this conversation.

I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Thanks! Making Apple the sole enemy here is wrong. I talked to someone at Apple today who recently sat in on a presentation hosted by Kerio for Apple. When asked about Snow Leopard compatibility, the Kerio reps simply glossed over the issue, and avoided the question. That sounds like a failure on Kerio's part to me!
elias

howiedi2 wrote on Mon, 24 August 2009 18:37
HoosierMac wrote on Tue, 25 August 2009 03:33

Let's not blame this on Apple! Kerio knew full well that these changes were on the way. It's total B.S. to try and lay all of this on Apple. Whether Apple is releasing on Friday, sometime in September, or in October, it's irresponsible for Kerio to not have the update ready, or at least keep their customers, and partners informed.

Apparently, not even Parallels has been given a copy of the RTM build. Its likely that Kerio doesn't have it either, so you certainly can't blame them if Apple won't provide them with the latest build to test against.

-Elias
Previous Topic: which os for kms? VMware, ubuntu, suse, centos
Next Topic: Archiving Messages to Public Folder
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 17:48:07 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00586 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.