Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New onsite Kerio - 120 Citrix users & KOC?
  •  
peterwynne

Send a private message to this user
I'm working with a customer which had a hosted Kerio server. We're now exporting this system onto a new onsite Windows Kerio server.

The majority of users are Citrix server [PS 4.5], W 2003, Office 2007 [Outlook 2007].
Currently they are all setup to talk to their hosted Kerio server via IMAP.

I would like to give them the added functionality of the KOC [not offline mode due to profile sizes getting too large on the citrix server].

Is there an easy way to roll out the KOC to users that currently have IMAP configured? Or would I have to log in on every mail account and configure it?

At the moment our users have all of their mail in the Kerio IMAP folder structure - then Outlook stores calendar / contacts / tasks etc in a PST file.

Does the installation of KOC on a Citrix server disable other IMAP profiles? Or is it just a case of setting up the client to use the connector as and when I get to them?

Hope these questions make sense.

TIA.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 June 2009 12:30]

•  
peterwynne

•  
apsistemas

We have a client with KMS with about 150 users in a TS a and the problem is the intensive use of the Hardisk in the KMS.

You must to know the TS/CITRIX is NOT supported for KERIO ...

•  
TorW

Kerio has no method for mass deployment of Outlook setups with KOC. KOFF on the other hand has deployment tools, but KOFF is meaningless on a terminal server.

Still, KOFF has functionality that I suspect KOC will never get, like owner names on shared calendars. On a TS you will in short have to choose between two evils: KOC withouth enough groupware functionality, or KOFF which stores cached information in a non-roaming place (Local Settings/Application Data).

I was looking into the profile tool from RTO Software since I was told it could handle roaming of non-standard locations, but I was eventually given the "it's available in the next version" treatment and gave them up.

So yes: if your users currently talks to KMS over IMAP, you will have to log in and manually configure Outlook with KOC for every single user.

Because of this stunted functionality, KMS have been an extremely hard sell for us since MS Exchange still is the benchmark for most corporate users. Oh, and we don't do fat clients at all.
  •  
apsistemas

The question is if KERIO will be support the TS enviroment with KOC or KOFF when I was in Madrid (Spain) with a Technical event they tell me "we are working ..." but I don't see any evolution and the users get troubles with KOC in a TS enviroment very slow and they are about 15Th per user with Xeon Quadcore and 4 GB RAM in Windows 2003 Server ...

The KMS is a RAID 10 10rpm SAS HArd Disk and the "throughput" for the Hard Disk are a flat rate Sad

We are thinkng to migrate to other product if they do't solve this the clients can't works with KOC and TS and the KOFF is not possible in a romaing farm TS (8 Servers)

Regards.
  •  
TorW

I forgot to say that I managed to roam the KOFF message store along with the rest of the roaming profile by using Immidio's Flex Profiles, but good luck with that if you have anything slower that 100 gigabit/s. A 5GB STORE.FDB added almost an extra two minutes to the logon/logoff time on a gigabit link.

apsistemas: we use Windows 2003 Std x64 terminal servers on IBM blades with 16 GB RAM, handling 60-70 users each. KMS runs on a similar blade (HS21) with Red Hat Enterprise, and it actually uses a SAN disk for the message store. We have no problems with performance neither on the terminal servers nor the mail server.

KOC is in my opionion pretty quick, but there are a million places you can introduce a bottleneck to slow things down.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 July 2009 01:14]

•  
apsistemas

Then perhaps the problem is the KMS in a Windows 2003 enviroment if we migrate to Linux perhaps there is not problem ... ??
  •  
TorW

apsistemas: Off topic, but nevertheless: if your disk performance is poor with a RAID 10, you could probably profit from looking into the disk system. Bad drivers, wrong controller, disk errors etc. etc.
Previous Topic: AD Extension MSI fails to install
Next Topic: C++ Runtime error in KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 13:53:06 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.