Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » mail_folder.cpp : cannot create message directory for deleted items (Mail Server Errors)
  •  
shreyash

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

My kerio Mailserver was working perfectly fine and then suddenly it started throwing error messages. I have listed a few of them:

[14/Jun/2009 10:48:51] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open folder property database E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/aldo/Deleted Items/properties.fld: (5) Access is denied.

[14/Jun/2009 10:48:51] mail_folder.cpp: Index error in folder ~aldo<_a.t_>cleartalk.net/INBOX: Unable to open the database file

[14/Jun/2009 10:48:58] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open log file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/preina/#deleted/deleted.fld: (5) Access is denied.

[14/Jun/2009 10:48:58] mail_folder.cpp: Index error in folder ~preina<_a.t_>cleartalk.net/INBOX: Unable to open the database file

[14/Jun/2009 10:48:59] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open message file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/mgloria/INBOX/#msgs/00000099.eml in mode wb+: (5) Access is denied.
[14/Jun/2009 10:48:59] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open status file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/mgloria/INBOX/status.fld.new: (5) Access is denied.

[14/Jun/2009 10:49:00] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open log file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/lklingner/INBOX/deleted.fld: (5) Access is denied.
[14/Jun/2009 10:49:01] folder_manager.cpp: Cannot create message directory E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/snshah/Deleted Items/#msgs: (145) The directory is not empty.
[14/Jun/2009 10:49:01] folder_manager.cpp: Cannot save new folder status file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/snshah/Deleted Items/status.fld: (5) Access is denied.

[14/Jun/2009 10:49:01] folder_manager.cpp: Corrupted folder data were found when trying to open and create folder ~snshah<_a.t_>cleartalk.net/Deleted Items
[14/Jun/2009 10:49:01] mail_folder.cpp: Cannot open log file E:\store/mail/cleartalk.net/lgeorge/INBOX/deleted.fld: (5) Access is denied.

I'm getting such errors with almost all the accounts. I tried changing the Index.fld to Index.bad and restarting kerio services but had not luck.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thanks in advance.

-S

•  
having.chan

Send a private message to this user
hi, shreyash,

Maybe you can check and confirm if there's any error about "Input/output error". I encounter the similar error this morning, found two file under INBOX fail to work, also fail to delete it.
A workaround is move INBOX to a backup folder (mv INBOX INBOX.orig) then re-login webmail, if a new INBOX create, then move back all items under INBOX.orig to INBOX.

fyi:
[root<_a.t_>hostname INBOX]# ls -l
ls: status.fld: Input/output error
ls: index.fld: Input/output error
[root<_a.t_>hostname INBOX]# \rm status.fld index.fld
rm: cannot lstat `status.fld': Input/output error
rm: cannot lstat `index.fld': Input/output error

Good Luck!

Having
Previous Topic: calendar event organiser
Next Topic: iCal+Kerio+SnowLeopard: Calendars not working!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 06:46:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00407 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.