Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Subscribed Calendar in iPhone 3.0 (problem) (Event end times go to the year 2045?)
  •  
yonhimer23

Send a private message to this user
I've tested this on a few Kerio Servers all running 6.7 patch 1. It seems that all day events are fine, but any timed event shows up on the iphone with an end time in the year 2045. I'm assuming this is a bug in Kerio, but it could be the iphone 3.0.. Not sure. Any ideas about this?
  •  
bioniccat

Are you actually getting Kerio based calendar subscriptions to even work? I was able to get Kerio based CalDav calendars working, but no dice on the subscriptions. Based on your issues, though, it doesn't sound like there's much point in getting them to work anyway! Wink

Cheers,
Stephen

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Bionic Cat
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
http://bioniccat.com
  •  
yonhimer23

It works great for public calendars that have all day events only ( like vacation or days off ). The URL can be found in webmail. Just right click on the calendarand select "use in cal client". You can actually copy and paste the URL into an email, open on iPhone and click it.
  •  
monsterfreecity

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get iPhone 3 to subscribe to public calendars. I tried the above right click thing, but if I click it in iPhone mail, Mobile Safari just says it can't download the file. Putting the URL into the iPhone calendar prefs just yields "CalDAV Authentication Failed" no matter how I try it.

I'm no too scared of the time zone issue since all of my users are (trying to) use iCal.
  •  
yonhimer23

When I added mine, I did it by hand. Here is my server URL, and a pict of it setup.

mail.kinetictg.com/ical/public/Staff%20Vacation

• Attachment: photo.jpg
    (Size: 45.58KB, Downloaded 638 times)
  •  
monsterfreecity

Well, I did figure out one problem: I'm a dumba**. I was using "Add CalDAV Account" instead of "Add Subscribed Calendar."

However, I still can't get it to work, and this is after trying two separate KMS 6.7 servers, one with and one without SSL. The end result is always "verification failed."

Anyone?
  •  
NigelH

Hi,

Two things;

1. If you are using SSL you must email yourself the certificate and install in on the phone. Visit the https://YOURSERVER.com/integration page to download the certificate, email to you iphone and you click on it in the Mail app.

2. Make sure you are only putting in your username, not your email address.

Subscribed Calendars seem to work for me.

CalDav is not working for me though although, I haven't updated to 6.7 as of yet.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

NigelH wrote on Fri, 19 June 2009 17:36

Hi,

Two things;

1. If you are using SSL you must email yourself the certificate and install in on the phone. Visit the https://YOURSERVER.com/integration page to download the certificate, email to you iphone and you click on it in the Mail app.

Not needed with iPhone. Just confirm the certificate when configuring the account (Exchange, CalDAV, .ics subsctiption). iPhone will remember the certificate for that account.

Quote:

CalDav is not working for me though although, I haven't updated to 6.7 as of yet.

Use full username (ie. user32<_a.t_>domain.com) if the user is not in primary email domain.
  •  
NigelH

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 19 June 2009 17:53

NigelH wrote on Fri, 19 June 2009 17:36

Hi,

Two things;

Not needed with iPhone. Just confirm the certificate when configuring the account (Exchange, CalDAV, .ics subsctiption). iPhone will remember the certificate for that account.

Quote:

Use full username (ie. user32<_a.t_>domain.com) if the user is not in primary email domain.

Just to let you know, I have an exchange account but I could not get subscribe Calendars to work until I downloaded this Cert.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
bioniccat

Hi Nigel,

Is your subscribed calendar from the primary domain or a secondary domain? After some investigation, I've found that I can add a subscribed calendar just fine if the user who has access to the shared calendar is in the primary domain. If the user with access is from a secondary domain, then verification fails even though all other settings are precisely the same.

So, for example, I have a calendar from the secondary domain that is shared with both user CatStevens from the primary domain and YusefIslam from a secondary domain:

https://secondarydomain.com/ical/secondarydomain.com/SharedU ser/Calendar
username: CatStevens
password: XYZ
WORKS

however...

https://secondarydomain.com/ical/secondarydomain.com/SharedU ser/Calendar
username: YusefIslam<_a.t_>secondarydomain.com
password: XYZ
WON'T VERIFY

Can anyone else confirm whether they've successfully subscribed to a shared calendar with a secondary domain user? (I should mention that the subscriptions work fine in the standard iCal client on the Mac and will work fine on the iPhone if access is set to anonymous (and thus no authentication is required).

Cheers,
Stephen

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Bionic Cat
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
http://bioniccat.com
  •  
monsterfreecity

Thanks Stephen. I thought I was going to lose my mind. This would explain both the "Add CalDAV Account" and "Add Subscribed Calendar" failures I experienced on two separate servers, as both of these servers have a bogus primary domain to force the full authentication on the real domain.
Previous Topic: License question / feature request
Next Topic: Sending email from the command line
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:47:54 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00532 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.