Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » migrating kms 6.7 patch 1 from tiger to leopard server (how to migrate kms 6.7 from 10.4.11 OD master to clean leopard OD master install )
  •  
mitev13

Send a private message to this user
hello all,
i have been reading in the post and have found almost all my answers but there is not much written about 6.7 yet so i would like to double check and see if i really got it right.
we have 10.4.11 Tiger Server OD Master, it is also running DNS, jabber, dhcp, windows pdc and it has KMS 6.7 patch 1 with OD extensions.
i do not have a replica as i could never really get the tiger replica to work after i installed OD extensions.
anyway - the idea is to clone it on another drive, disconnect it off the network, do a clean install of 10.5.7, promote to OD master and set up all the services i had on the tiger server and migrate my settings. then install ksm 6.7 patch-1 and OD extensions and then migrate. if all ksm server (all services) is stopped - can i just cp the /usr/local/kerio/mailserver from the other drive or do i need to use the build in ksm backup on the tiger server and then try to restore with kms on the loepard.
i also i have 2 domains - one only has 7 users - all local and the other OD about 60 users.
i am still reading up on what os the best way to migrate LDAP. cannot figure out if passwords will migrate or not but i do plan to make a clone of my current ksm tiger server and do a test migration on a segmented off the internet network.
any info will be apreciated.
thanks
martin

•  
mitev13

Send a private message to this user
Previous Topic: Highlighting colors in log
Next Topic: Configure a global rule
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 09:56:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.