Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » sending messages to address book contacts (enquiry about sending email to existing contact in the address book)
  •  
martin.palmer

Send a private message to this user
hello

i have just rolled out kerio to our offices and the one complaint im getting is the address book in kerio mail

i would like to enquire if this is possible in kerio mail, or if theres a work around etc...

when you click new mail and want to send an email to a contact thats already in your address book is there any way for it to predict the address your sending to when you start typing the address manually in the to: form

or do you need to click to:, then type in information in the search form, then click search, then double click the address in the returned list,

i know outlook used to cache addresses even if they wasnt in your address book, i know its minimal but some of our users do not like the way this works

any help or suggestion even if its "you cant do it" would help me a great deal

thanking you for your time

Martin Palmer

•  
renefn

I'm not sure if you're still using Outlook with Kerio or if you're referring to the webmail client?

The caching of addresses in Outlook still works with your Kerio account, but if you have created a new Outlook profile then you will have to rename the file that stores the addresses.

If the old Outlook profile was called "Outlook" and the new is called "Kerio", then do this:

In C:\Documents and settings\[user]\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ rename Outlook.NK2 to Kerio.NK2

Outlook shouldn't be running when you do this!

If you're using webmail, then you can enable a similar feature that automatically expands addresses if you enter a partial address and use the tab key. Unfortunately it only works with Kerio users and not you own contacts.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
My IT Indy

So, if you go into webmail, Settings, Settings, Mail, and then check "Check names automatically" does that do what you want?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
hbianchi

if you are using web mail, the autocompletion feature do what you are looking for. You must check the proper field (the last one) in "Configuration - Mail - Check Mails automatically" If you have not done this in the original template before you create users, you should fo now one by one (in fact you must ask everybody to do so) and I suggest to check this in the template for future user adds.

In order to choice which contact lists you can check for autocompletion, you can also choice them in the third flap in "Configuration - Mail Composing - Choose Folders". there you can check out not only the general contact lists but also the personal ones and even shared ones. Regards
  •  
martin.palmer

hello

thank you for your comments

just to clarify we no longer use outlook, we are now only using kerio mail through the browser

the check addresses option is already ticked and pressing the tab key in the to: field after i type in part of the address does speed up the process of sending emails so thank you for your help on this matter....

regards

Martin
Previous Topic: configure the mail online or offline using kerio mail server mail
Next Topic: Mailserver compromised?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 05:53:29 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00435 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.