Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone no mail synchronisation
  •  
actbv

Send a private message to this user
I just got a new iPhone 3GS (so with OS 3.0 on it) Very Happy
We are running KMS 6.7.0 Patch 1. I just configured my iPhone to synchronize my contacts, e-mails and calender.
Synchronizing contacts => OK
Synchronizing calendar => OK
Synchronizing e-mails => NOK
It says below in the mail inbox on the iPhone: Connecting and Downloading then Updated 01-07-09 21:19 but after that I get a (dutch) error: E-mail ophalen mislukt. De verbinding met de server is mislukt (in English. Receiving e-mail has failed. The connection with the server failed).

I don't understand why my e-mails aren't synchronized, because Contacts and Calendar are synchronized. Why does it go wrong with the e-mails?

Several times I deleted the account on the iPhone and configured it again. No result, same problem.

Does someone have the same problem? Or does anyone knows what's going on here and how to solve this issue?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 01 July 2009 22:01]

•  
renefn

I'm having the exact same issue with an iPhone that's runnning OS 2.2.1. I has worked before but now it's unable to sync mails.

My own iPhone with OS 3.0 works fine and worked fine with OS 2.2.1 as well. I have an open ticket with UK support about it.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
actbv

I really would appreciate if you keep me in the loop here if you hear anything from Kerio.
  •  
renefn

Yes, of course.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
actbv

[Update]
For some very strange reason this morning synchronizing of e-mail is working again.
I really did not changed anything after my last post here. So, I don't understand.
  •  
actbv

[Update]
And now, for some strange reason... all e-mails are gone again.

After doing nothing with my iPhone for a while I wanted to check the mail and saw 3 unread mails. I open the mail programm on my iPhone and no e-mail is shown (blank). Then the error again that there is no connection with the server.
  •  
actbv

[Update]
And now, after doing nothing again, e-mails are back.

Something is very buggy, don't know what, but it isn't reliable.
  •  
actbv

[Update]

It was working fine until now... Again cannot connect to server.

Is there somebody who can help me out with this?
  •  
NigelH

I cannot access my email now on iPhone 3G (Iphone OS 3.0). Getting an error when I sync "cannot connect to server" the download bar flashes and appears to be downloading but does nothing.

The error logs show the following errors:

ASyncAirSync.cpp: ActiveSyncAirSync::ProcessChanges: Device: ApplXXXXXXXXXX, User: nhudson<_a.t_>DOMAIN.ca: Unable to find an item with id: 0x20A4 in the folder '~use<_a.t_>DOMAIN.ca/INBOX' - the item will not be synchronized

ASyncKeyDatabase.cpp: ActiveSyncKeyInMemoryDatabase::GetKey: Unable to find synckey VD0yMDA5MDcxMFQyMzMxMjdaO1U9MTtGPTM7TT0xOw== in SyncKey table

I've tried removing and readding the account. I will try a reboot of the server and see what happens.

Kerio Mail Server 6.7.2 Build 7821
Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
NigelH

Not sure what happened, maybe a corrupt email or sync events. Kerio should have a look at this if they are getting a lot of complaints.

Here is how I fixed it.

1. Delete the exchange account from the iphone.
2. (optional) I removed any email form the account that came in after the Iphone stopped working. Which was about from 8am this morning.
3. In the admin console go to the user. Highlight the user name and click Status-->Mobile devices
4. Highlight the iphone and click Remove (DO NOT CLICK WIPE)
5. Add the exchange account to the device.

It appears to give the device a new Sync ID. Guessing from the logs I would say the sync ID was missing for my iPhone and/or one or some of the messages.

Seems to be working now. Will update if anything happens.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 July 2009 19:44]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
mpermann

I think, but I am not certain, that you can get away with just going into the admin console and deleting the device from the user's list of mobile devices. I don't think all the other stuff is necessary but I am not certain. I guess you can try it next time it occurs to verify.
  •  
NigelH

mpermann wrote on Mon, 13 July 2009 20:06

I think, but I am not certain, that you can get away with just going into the admin console and deleting the device from the user's list of mobile devices. I don't think all the other stuff is necessary but I am not certain. I guess you can try it next time it occurs to verify.

Roger that. Will give this a try next time. It did suspect a corrupt email as it would download everything before 8am this morning.

Around the same time I received a calendar event acceptance message from a fellow employee. This was fro a meeting in last February. I deleted that message and the calendar event just to be safe.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 July 2009 20:11]

Mac OS X Server 10.5.8
  •  
actbv

[SOLVED]

I still had the same problems until yesterday. I have several directories with e-mails. All these directories are syncing fine, but when syncing with the Inbox then the "cannot connect to server" error appeared.

Kerio made the suggestion to try to move all my e-mails into a new directory. Then one by one move the e-mails back and try to sync. Then an e-mail was moved back to my standard Inbox and after that syncing did not work anymore. After moving (or deleting) the e-mail again my iPhone syncs perfectly. So the error occured with a particular (buggy?) e-mail.

But, the e-mail thats causing the problem is an e-mail I get about 10 a day (it's from our development server). So now I try to make a e-mail rule which move this kind of e-mails to another directory. But... now another problem. The e-mail rule does not work. But that is another problem, not for this case.
  •  
mpermann

Had you been getting these types of e-mails for a while without any errors previously on your iPhone? If you have, then has something changed on your iPhone or with the e-mails since you started having the syncing problems? It's odd if you've gotten these e-mails in the past without trouble but recently started experiencing syncing issues.
actbv

I just recently have an iPhone (3GS). Never had an iPhone before, so therefore I did not have this problem. It started immediately after the first time I was syncing with my iPhone.

Before I had an iPhone I used a Windows Mobile device (HTC TytnII) where I did not have this issue. So, I think it's a 'bug' of the iPhone?
Previous Topic: Apple mail local account folders.
Next Topic: CC NDR to local admin account
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:35:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00559 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.