Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Open Directory Archive & Restore
  •  
henk

Send a private message to this user
In the last few months we've had several problems on different servers with the Server Admin's Archive and restore feature. This is on Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5 servers. For different reasons we had to archive Open Directory, make the server stand alone and restore the OD database. Everything seems fine until we go and look in Workgroup Manager and discover none of the users are there. Often in a hurry we solved this with other measurements, blaming Apple and their wacky tools in the process. All servers have Kerio (different versions) installed.

Now I've stumbled upon a server where 6 users were imported correctly and 30 users weren't. Examining the OD archive and LDIF for differences in user data we discovered that, as far as we can tell, the only difference is that users that are imported DON'T have the Kerio attributes like these:

kerio-Mail-Active: 1
kerio-Mail-AccountEnabled: 1
kerio-Mail-Address: mailing
kerio-Mail-WebReplyToAddress:: PE5JTD4=

All users that DO have these attributes are NOT imported. Mind you that this is all on one server, so we're not trying to import OD on a server where Kerio and the OD extensions aren't installed or something.

Now as soon as I can get my hands on this particular server I will make a clone, do the procedure again and try to get it working somehow with this knowledge (i.e. installing OD extensions again after the procedure) but am I on the right track here? What's going on exactly? Is this a know issue? It's pretty serious if it is imo.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 July 2009 12:24]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is a bug in 10.4 and 10.5 OpenDirectory - recovery from archive cannot recover custom LDAP attributes.

The solution is simple. When recovering the OD from archive do:
1. Create new OD master.
2. Install Kerio Open Directory Extensions so OD schema will contain custom attributes.
3. Recover from OD archive.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 July 2009 13:20]

•  
henk

Wow thanks man. Will do and report back asap.
  •  
henk

One question still though:

When are you installing the Kerio extensions exactly? You made the server a stand alone. Will you install the extensions now or AFTER you promoted the server again to OD Master?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

henk wrote on Fri, 03 July 2009 08:35

One question still though:

When are you installing the Kerio extensions exactly? You made the server a stand alone. Will you install the extensions now or AFTER you promoted the server again to OD Master?

Yes. KODE must be installed after promotion to OD Master.
Previous Topic: iPhone notes sync
Next Topic: Group not working after install latest patch
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 10:16:51 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.