Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Hardware
  •  
zebby

Send a private message to this user
Would anyone like to tell me what spec hardware they're running Kerio on?

We're looking at an initial 130 users probably mostly going to be using KOFF unless I can persuade them that the web mail is better as I would like to ditch Outlook Very Happy

•  
My IT Indy

Is the server only going to host Kerio? If so you don't need much in terms of CPU and ram, but disk speed is essential. Search the forums here for recommendations.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mpermann

I would suggest using Kerio on a Linux based system with a very fast disk subsystem. The speed of your disks is the most important part of the system. The RAM and processor speed isn't nearly as critical as the disk subsystem. We have a user base of over 825 users with the vast majority using Mac's. Pretty much everyone uses webmail. Of course we have a large portion of staff that use mobile devices (i.e. iPhone, iPod Touch, and Win Mobile devices) as well. We don't officially support any mail or calendaring clients with our Kerio system. But that doesn't mean people aren't using them. Smile Of course we lose out on some benefits afforded by using a client with Kerio (i.e. better mail searching). But it saves us a lot of support overhead. There are some "glitches" when you use Apple Mail and iCal with Kerio that I am glad we don't have to deal with. Good luck with your setup.
Previous Topic: Mailserver compromised?
Next Topic: iPhone notes sync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:53:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.