Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reminders not exposed in KOC (Reminder MAPI resource not available to Outlook)
  •  
ckucia

Send a private message to this user
This has been driving me a bit crazy.

If I use the standard KOC (non-offline) (version 6.7.0.7695 T1), when going into Outlook (2003), within 30 seconds the user will get a message at the systray Outlook icon:

"Microsoft Office Outlook

Cannot start the reminders service. Unable to show reminders. The Reminders folder could not be found"

This will also pop up periodically throughout the day, and reminders in Outlook do not work.

If I install the Offline KOC, this problem does not occur, although the desktop users aren't all that happy with the slower performance of the Offline version and having to sync.

I used MS's mdbvu32.exe editor and it appears that the reminder MAPI resource is not exposed with the standard KOC.

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything in a search of the forums. Any workarounds?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is a known bug in KOC 6.7.0. Clients using more mature KOC with offline mode are not affected.

Solution:
Stop KMS. Locate the folder "P&AVk-ipomenut&AO0-" or "Reminders" (depends on
Outlook localization) in __keriomapi_STORE folder, edit the status.fld file in the folder and change "WIPF.Note" to "WOutlook.Reminder".
Then start KMS and connect with KOC.
  •  
ckucia

Thank you very much.

I will implement this fix as soon as I can schedule a brief downtime.
  •  
ckucia

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Thu, 02 July 2009 12:51

It is a known bug in KOC 6.7.0. Clients using more mature KOC with offline mode are not affected.

Solution:
Stop KMS. Locate the folder "P&AVk-ipomenut&AO0-" or "Reminders" (depends on
Outlook localization) in __keriomapi_STORE folder, edit the status.fld file in the folder and change "WIPF.Note" to "WOutlook.Reminder".
Then start KMS and connect with KOC.

I guess I'm going to need a little clarification.

First, I'm assuming the above folders are on the server?

I have a fresh install (less than a week old) of Kerio 6.7.0 Patch 1, build 7695 on a newly-installed Windows 2003 machine.

If I do a search for Reminders, I only find two, and they are in the _keriomapi_store_root folders of two users. However, these are not the two users who are having issues with the reminders.

I searched for P&AVk-ipomenut&AO0- and there were no folders with that name.

A search for status.fld finds dozens of them scattered all over the mail store.

Do I need to fix a central file, or a file within each user's store? What do I do about users who don't have a reminders folder yet (my account, noteably, does not).
  •  
ckucia

One of the users that did have a reminders folder was having the problem. Adjusting the status.fld file fixed her.

The rest of us don't have reminders folder in our keriomapi_store folders. What process is supposed to create that folder?
  •  
_berserk_

I and have not understood as to solve this problem, in __ keriomapi_STORE folder is absent folders "P&AVk-ipomenut&AO0-" or "Reminders".
Previous Topic: PAIN - Moving from Linux to Windows Server (or visa versa)
Next Topic: Update to 6.7.1 on Debian
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 11:25:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00434 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.