Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Address Book to Kerio to RoadSync Contacts Field Mapping (Issues with data loss and field mapping between Address Book, RoadSync and Kerio)
  •  
mouserider

Send a private message to this user
I'm having a really odd interaction between Kerio, MacOS Address Book and RoadSync.

When I performed the first initial sync from Mac to Kerio, all seemed fine.

Initial sync from Kerio to RoadSync seemed fine as well.

Then I got a message from Address Book that pretty much all my records are going to be changed by the server. All the changes were mainly the field heading for the email addresses in Address Book were being changed to "other:" from their original field headings.

A few of records, phone numbers were being deleted, not sure why, similar records with many phone numbers didn't seem to be affected.

I just did a test on one entry, I had two mobile numbers for one contact, it appears fine on Address Book, I synced to Kerio, appears fine, but RoadSync only shows one mobile number, the newer one I added.

I then added the new mobile number to the phone, synced back to Kerio, record on Kerio is still fine (showing both mobile numbers) but Address Book now deleted the older mobile number and now I have two mobile numbers that were the same, both the newer number.

I can understand if there are field issues, especially since Address Book allows custom fields but Kerio and RoadSync won't because of the ActiveSync protocol but I can't seem to get a predictable behavior in which to adapt my record entries to.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am using:

Kerio is 6.7, Address Book is 4.1.2(700) with Kerio Sync Connector 6.7.0 (7695) and RoadSync is 4.0033(749) on Symbian S60v5 running on a Nokia N97.

Thank you.
  •  
mouserider

Send a private message to this user
I should add that this field issue didn't happen with Nokia's MfE 2.9 but there was a problem with MfE's Email feature with Kerio which doesn't probably put the username in the Sender's email which is why I switched to RoadSync.
Previous Topic: Issue enailing contacs between Kerio and exchange accounts
Next Topic: IMAP IDLE with several Accounts at once
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 04:36:31 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.