Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Active Directory Integration (new AD install)
  •  
BudDurland

Send a private message to this user
Last week, we upgraded our network to include Active Directory. Our KMS is hosted on Windows Server 2003. The server is now a member server on the domain. We have not created any new users since the AD install, so they are all still authenticating internally.

In the warning log, I see lots of this:

User xxxxxxx performed NTLM authentication in NT domain MOLD-RITE, this domain is not valid

Would these go away if I go to the Domain configuration, Driectory Service tab and configure things there?

[Updated on: Tue, 07 July 2009 19:39]

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
sedell

If they remain internal users, you'll still get those messages. NTLM only works if the server is a domain member, the computer is a domain member, and the user account is a domain account. Just entering the info into the Directory Services tab would be a start to AD Integration, but there would be other things necessary as well to make it work.

Assuming you're not currently using NTLM authentication, you can disable it under Configuration -> Advanced Options -> Security Policy in the Enabled Authentication Methods box. That should prevent clients like Outlook 2007 from attempting to authenticate with it.

Scott
  •  
BudDurland

Thanks for the info.

If I go into Configuration / Domains / edit domain / Directory Service and set it up to find my new AD domain, what affect will that have on the users? Will things proceed as before for my existing users? Will everyone that's in AD suddenly appear in kerio?

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: SPF failure notice has incorrect URL
Next Topic: KOC: Sent Items - Mails are not displayed - not KOFF
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:38:54 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00366 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.