Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ability to change Sent Items folder? (looking to change the default base folders)
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Send a private message to this user
I've got like 10,000 messages in a "Sent Messages" folder, but Kerio seems to insist that I keep a "Sent Items" folder. Is there any way to coax Kerio (and KMS web mail) to use the "Sent Messages" folder instead of "Sent Items" so I can delete the empty one? Using latest KMS release.

Thanks.
  •  
monsterfreecity

Sounds like an iPhone created that in an IMAP account, though I suspect a lot of mail programs do the same thing.

In any case, you need to tell the mail program to use Sent Items, not Kerio.

If this is an iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose the IMAP account. then Advanced > Sent Mailbox and set it for the server's Sent Items folder.

If this is Apple Mail, select Sent Items, go to the Mailbox menu, and choose Use this Mailbox For > Sent.

Same goes for Deleted Messages/Deleted Items, Drafts...

Other IMAP clients probably have similar settings.

•  
mpermann

The Sent Items folder is a default folder that I don't believe you can delete. You would be better off moving the 10,000 messages from the Sent Messages folder to the Sent Items folder then deleting the Sent Messages folder. I am guessing that you also check your mail with a client application of some sort and that is why you have two similarly named folders. You should reconfigure your client application to use the Sent Items folder rather than the other folder. That should solve your issue.
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Yes, it was either an Apple Mail.app or iPhone created folder.

I know how to change it on the iPhone, but I'd rather change it on the Kerio side to save me having to move all the existing messages. Unfortunately this is a problem in multiple account with a ton of existing saved mail.
  •  
mrshermanoaks

mpermann wrote on Mon, 13 July 2009 13:15

The Sent Items folder is a default folder that I don't believe you can delete. You would be better off moving the 10,000 messages from the Sent Messages folder to the Sent Items folder then deleting the Sent Messages folder. I am guessing that you also check your mail with a client application of some sort and that is why you have two similarly named folders. You should reconfigure your client application to use the Sent Items folder rather than the other folder. That should solve your issue.

OK, thanks for the responses. I'll bear the trouble of moving all the messages.
  •  
mpermann

It's easy to move all the messages, just right click (or control click on a Mac) on the Sent Messages folder in the webmail system and choose Move or Copy All from the pop-up menu. Then select the Sent Items folder and click the Move button and wait patiently Smile. It will probably take a while to move that number of messages. It's something that is easy enough that you can probably have the affected end users do it themselves.
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Good tip - thanks. That will certainly be faster than going page-by-page and dragging.
Previous Topic: Firefox 3.5 linux problems reply
Next Topic: Apple mail local account folders.
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:57:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.