Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone + Kerio Experience
  •  
AlexK

Send a private message to this user
Guys,

it would be nice if i could get some experiences about using the Iphone with the Kerio Mailserver.

What about sycning calender (+200 entries)
what about big mailboxes (more than 1,5GB)

how is the speed ?
is pushing mails working flawlessly ?
is syncing OTA working good ?

thanks in advance
Alex
  •  
mpermann

I have been using an iPhone (1st gen and current gen) with Kerio since the iPhone was released. It has worked quite well. It has gotten better with successive releases of the iPhone OS. I have a calendar that syncs over 1250 items and it works just fine. As for the e-mail, I can't speak to an e-mail box that large. I have around 200MB of e-mail mostly filed in sub folders. I don't keep many messages in my Inbox. As for using push with Kerio, I had push turned on but I found that it would drain my battery faster than I would like. So, I've disabled the push feature and simply use the fetch feature. That can be problematic with calendar entries as there isn't a refresh button (at least that I can find) in calendar to get the iPhone to refresh with the server. Sometimes I just have to mess around a bit to get the device to realize I want it to sync with the server. I don't have that problem in e-mail as there is a refresh button you can tap to initiate a refresh. I have no problems syncing over WiFi or OTA. I would suggest that you do the initial sync over WiFi as it will get all of your data onto the iPhone much quicker. Once you've done the initial sync, syncing OTA works just fine and is relatively quick. I hope the information helps you.
Mike
  •  
jstrickland

I am supporting 8 iPhones with KMS. I would say that the iPhone has been without a doubt the easiest smartphone to support. Setting up an exchange type account using KMS is super easy. I have had no problems whatsoever with mail, contacts, or calendars being synced. One of the main complaints in the past was the lack of support for public calendars and contacts. However, that seems to be remedied with the GAL and the ability to subscribe to calendars on the iPhone. Now, with a few tools (iCal in my case) the public calendar can be shared, then subscribed to with the iPhone.
Previous Topic: iPhone's causing too many connections
Next Topic: Iphone3gs 32 GB or Nokia n97
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 23:44:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00356 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.