Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage Iphone Calendar Mess
  •  
mbad1

Send a private message to this user
Got a bit of an issue with my calendars.
Entourage DB has kept corrupting and needing replacing / rebuilding. After all the usual stuff I have reinstalled the system and setup a new identity. (Just archive / install 10.5.7)

Before the reinstall and now the calendars in itunes and the iphone are messed up and I wish to reset them.

We use exchange mode (entourage 12.2). In that account I have my calendar and works well. In iTunes the items do not sync to the phone. I went to select one calendar in iTunes to find, home, work, personal, business and 11 others all called entourage.

Deleted Library calendar folders and ran isync and reset history.

Still not synching and still a multitude of calendars I want to get rid of. I am happy just to use one calendar and thats the one in my webmail and the one that appears in my account in entourage.

Whats the best way to reset this and egt everything synching.

The iphone just uses imap for mail connection btw - I thought iTunes can sync the main calendar I want to use ?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2009 14:05]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

So you use Entourage->Sync Engine->iTunes->iPhone synchronization chain?
Wow. Quite complex.

I recommend to not use Entourage synchronization with iCal and AddressBook. Use Kerio Sync Connector for Mac or CalDAV instead. And, if possible, use Exchange account on the iPhone to sync calendars and contacts over-the-air.
  •  
mbad1

OK so use kerio sync connector to map the Kerio calendar to ical. The manual I am sure says don't use sync connector for 10.5 - Use Cal DAV.

So cal dav ical and the iphone.

Sort of what we have except itunes should pickup the entourage calendar. The problem I have it has picked up 11 calendars called entourage - all empty and sync to phone doesn't work but sync FROM phone does.

So the first question is how do I clear the 11 copies itunes sees ?? - Where does that info store itself.

Then the next question is as you say use cal dav or a best practice method of keeping everything up to date.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2009 14:38]

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mbad1 wrote on Thu, 23 July 2009 14:33

Sort of what we have except itunes should pickup the entourage calendar. The problem I have it has picked up 11 calendars called entourage - all empty and sync to phone doesn't work but sync FROM phone does.

So the first question is how do I clear the 11 copies itunes sees ?? - Where does that info store itself.

Isn't this a question for Apple? We do not produce neither iTunes nor iPhone and Entourage.
Quote:

Then the next question is as you say use cal dav or a best practice method of keeping everything up to date.

The best way is to sync every client directly with the server.
Entourage->KMS
iCal (CalDAV)->KMS
Apple AddressBook-> Kerio Sync Connector for Mac->KMS
iPhone->KMS

No iTunes synchronization.
  •  
mbad1

Ok thats great thanks. So have to hook iphone over the air to KMS cal directly ?

I thought this didn't work as cal dav so will look into how to connect iphone directly.

Will use auto config from webmail for ical cal dav.

The other bit I was just hoping somebody knew Smile

EDIT - In fact just tested that route and setup an exchange account and hooked up the calendar directly over air and it does work.

Thanks - I just never had the right approach or understanding of the new setup.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 July 2009 15:21]

Previous Topic: synchro iphone 3g calendar
Next Topic: SMTP RELAY
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 16:09:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00373 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.