Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CANNOT SEND MAIL (sending mails don't work)
  •  
guan

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I am a dummie in mailservers, sory for that!
I am testing KMS and have problems sending mail.
receiving with the POP3 works fine.
I have a mailbox from my ISP like (myname<_a.t_>domain.be)
The SMTP from my ISP like (smtp.domain.be)
So i select in SMTP-SERVER : USER RELAY SMTP
I enter the smtp adress of my ISP like (smtp<_a.t_>domain.be) and port 25 (like i always do in Outlook), i tried also my ISP his IP adress for he smtp server.

But i receive after sending a mail: (195.130.137.68: 550 5.1.0 <guy<_a.t_>localhost> sender domain not fully qualified)

I also selected DNS VIA MX-records but sending mails gives nothing at al (mail not send and after an hour or so an error from my ISP)

I tried last week Microsoft Small Busines server 2003 like i did here in KMS and that worked fine (with the (IP adress of my ISP his smtp adres) SMTP and POP3 connector), so i really don't understand what i am doing wrong!

Can anybody give me a tip / solution?

Greatings from Belgium

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Set correct email address in your email client. "Localhost" is not a valid name.
  •  
guan

email client? i use webmail to test the KMS

In the configuration of KMS it forces me to guy<_a.t_>localhost, the domain is for test "localhost" and the user forces me to use guy<_a.t_>localhost.

Do i have to make a domain "myproviderhisdomain.be" and make there the user guy?
If i have to do this, do have to make different domans if i have users with different email adresses (diff domain names)?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Greatings

guy
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

No. You have to configure custom From email address in WebMail settings.
Previous Topic: automated email
Next Topic: iPhone 3.0 CALDAV and Year 2145 Problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 12:02:59 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.