Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SMS Notification on email receipt
  •  
RyeGuyWpg

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to setup a notification system for if a message gets delivered to a specific mailbox.
Currently, I have an Applescript setup in Apple mail that automatically generates an SMS message to my cellphone if a message comes in from a specific address (VoiceMail). It works great however, as I'm sure most of you can see the issue, Apple mail needs to be running on a workstation.
We are using SMS Mac Scripting.app for our automated SMS delivery and it works great and I would like to know if there would be a way to integrate that with Kerio Mail Filters on the server side.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I think you might find this useful: http://manuals.kerio.com/kmsug/en/sect-filters.html#sect-not ification

Basically, set the email filter to send notification to the email address of your cellular phone (as supported by your operator) and it will be delivered as a SMS message.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 July 2009 00:39]

•  
RyeGuyWpg

That's definitely a good option however I can't receive email directly on my phone. I think it's an issue with my carrier but when I get emails on my phone, I get an SMS notification that I have received an email on my phone and then have to send a text message back to get the message.
It's not a big deal however I would prefer to have the SMS directly to my phone.
  •  
marook

Hi,

I can see the usefulness of this, and I would assume that Kerio should be able to perform a CLI action on a rule.
If the admin was able to set it up, or allow certain external 'handlers' it could be great.

However, in this case, I would ask the provider why they don't send SMS's when there is a new voicemail. Here in Denmark we get this by default (for the last 10+ years) but you can turn it off.
We even get SMS' on non-answered calls.. if we want.. Wink

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Support for iCal 'URL' field in Calendar events???
Next Topic: http(s) service on a specific ethernet interface ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 16:21:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00370 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.