Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error logging in with LDAP Auth (Can't bind to object <ROOT> ???)
  •  
EqUaTe

Send a private message to this user
Been setting up an LDAP backend to authenticate Kerio off of..
I'm able to list users in the directory now, and check details. I can update information on the server through Kerio's admin tool, but I can't subsequently log in as a user..

When trying, it searches for my user, and gets 1 result, as you'd suspect.
It then searches for groups that I'm a member of (but does it wrong - searches cn=groups despite the fact that the configs have been updated to use ou=Groups), gets no results, and then tries to bind.

All (mostly) fine so far.

However, from the traffic dumps I've done, this is what I see:

bindRequest(1) "<ROOT>" simple
bindResponse(1) noSuchObject (NO_SUCH_OBJECT: Bind failed: )

These are the entries from wireshark/tcpdump.

Any ideas what's happening here?
I feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall at the moment, so... Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris
  •  
EqUaTe

Send a private message to this user
Just as an FYI, this is with KMS 6.7, on a Debian/Lenny server.
Previous Topic: Active Sync failed after KMS 6.7 upgrade
Next Topic: Spam not being filtered
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 03:43:18 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.