Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Install Kerio through RDP on a hosted server? (How to install on non physical access server?)
  •  
rohitlodha

Send a private message to this user
I am trying to install winroute on a remote server through RDP.

Once it gets installed I not able to RDP or connect its admin.

I am installing 6.1 and have a licence.

Rohit
  •  
winkelman

Probably because once the winroute firewall starts up, there's no rule to allow your incoming RDP connection. Cool

I believe that you can configure the installation to leave the port for the remote Kerio Administration Console open. So after installation you should be able to connect to winroute firewall by the Administration Console and thus create a new policy that allows your RDP connection.
  •  
germanr

It is not the most recommended thing to do because if something doesn´t go right you will have no access, but you can do it by opening the connection to the RDP port in winroute by means of a traffic rule and install it remotely. (using Kerio Vpn will not make the trick because it will go down when installing the new version).
During installation you can lose the connection for a couple of seconds (if it doesn´t respond you can connect again to finish installation).

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
Nikxx

Hi.

I dont know if version 6.1 has the option " I'm installing Kerio from a remote server "

But i do know version 6.4 has this option while you are hitting "nexts". Look for it.

If you have, just mark it, and during the instalation kerio will create a rule allowing RDP connections.

Another way to install this version, just in case it does not have this option is to use "teamviewe". Whith this program u'll get remote access using port 80. Witch will allow you to install kerio and configure it.

Cya !
  •  
an2ny79

Important...
Before installing the product (v6.x) you need to set your host / server to Install the software and dont ask for approval about driver's signing. You could set it up in
Windows System Property\Hardware\Driver Signing option\

During installation, it will ask you to provide IP Address of the remote controller.. By default. Traffic Wizard will grant incoming access from that IP source using any port.

This has been tested and proved working (RDP via Internet).
Previous Topic: Load Balancing with Win. 2008 Server Problems
Next Topic: Kerio Winroute Firewall v6.7.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 03:16:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.