Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How happy are you with the KERIO Support (How happy are you with the KERIO Support)
  •  
satzinger

Send a private message to this user
I have to say that on both, the Kerio Mailserver and Kerio Winroute I have not been very unhappy with the support.
It takes a few days till you get the first response, and that it continues with one email a day (if you are lucky) always asking for:
- send me "this"
- wait a day
- send me "that"
- wait another day
- have you tried this?
- wait another day
and so on.......................... Mad

This is really frustrating.

As customers with a active contract to Kerio, what are your experiences?
  •  
My IT Indy

Why not call them? I dislike email support immensely.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
stewie

My experience with email support was exactly the same as yours--terrible, terrible, terrible. So I was exceptionally surprised when I called for support for an entirely different & a far more critical issue. They were great! Fixed the problem in 10 minutes. So give Kerio a second chance & give them a call.
  •  
altivec

I'll have to agree with you.

E-Mail support mainly s-cks.

I had a issue with mailbox which was the "IMAP Not Found" and i had to send logs and logs and logs....

That was back in February/March.

I had the following e-mail in MAY!!!!:
I still have not heard back from the developers about this problem so I have sent them another email to try and get some feedback on the situation. As soon as I hear back from them I will let you know.

Don't be scare i had it fix a LONG TIME AGO myself.... do you know any user that would have wait from February to May to get his mailbox fix ?

Over the phone for quick question it's ok
For technical there good chance u'll have a answer over here
But again on the phone, the second it's a little technical they will ask for logs and make you wait forever.

I have been working with Kerio since years and the last two year have been the worst i ever saw.

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
satzinger

I agree with you , it looks like the more "fame" they get the less they care about the individal.
My last reply with screen shots and logs was on Friday; now its Tuesday and I got more answers.

altivec wrote on Tue, 04 August 2009 04:52

I'll have to agree with you.

E-Mail support mainly s-cks.

I had a issue with mailbox which was the "IMAP Not Found" and i had to send logs and logs and logs....

That was back in February/March.

I had the following e-mail in MAY!!!!:
I still have not heard back from the developers about this problem so I have sent them another email to try and get some feedback on the situation. As soon as I hear back from them I will let you know.

Don't be scare i had it fix a LONG TIME AGO myself.... do you know any user that would have wait from February to May to get his mailbox fix ?

Over the phone for quick question it's ok
For technical there good chance u'll have a answer over here
But again on the phone, the second it's a little technical they will ask for logs and make you wait forever.

I have been working with Kerio since years and the last two year have been the worst i ever saw.

•  
RPC_Admin

I wouldn't say their email support is bad or horrible, it is email support, and it is slower.

As has been stated the phone support is great.

I use email for lower priority issues and I call them if its a high priority. All in all they are a small company doing big things, I am amazed they pull it off as good as they do.

Also I will note, it is nice that they have had many of the same people for many years. I have learned to trust some of the guys more than I would "Joe" from HP.
  •  
stewie

No, for us, I'd definitely say their mail support is horrible. Worse than horrible. It's pathetic.

Fortunately the forums & their phone support saves their a$$. We're still very happy customers. But their mail support certainly does not reflect the quality of their products.
  •  
satzinger

After I worked around now for about a week with screen dumps, log files and testing all kinds of different things, I finally got a new tech to help me.

I got an email within hours and here is what it says:

I found a bug on file for this problem, bug 39831.
As a workaround you can edit the status.fld file and remove the line: WIPF.Note
This fixed the problem on my test system (The sub folder of the contact folder remained a contact folder after an Outlook restart).
In house we are testing with 6.7.1 build 7759 and I cannot reproduce the problem with that build. This problem is fixed in the next release.
The development team has not announced yet when 6.7.1 will be available but it should just be a matter of a few weeks.

Rolling Eyes
  •  
Will Mayall

I've managed 2 Kerio servers with about 60 users for about 4 years. Although I rarely have issues, I've found Kerio Support to be effective.

- If the problem needs an immediate solution, I call support. They have always been excellent.

- If the issue is minor and not time-sensitive, I use this board. People here are helpful. Kerio Support monitors the board and will generally chime in within a day or two.

- I might have used email once or twice for support but I don't remember how effective it was. To be honest, I never expect any tech support via email to be timely and this is the primary reason I don't use it.

Will Mayall
  •  
p0ddie

I had my fair share of beginner questions when I started taking care of KMS. The support of my distributor was lame, so I checked this forum. Most questions get answered in a matter of hours either by the great community of helpful people or by Kerio staff.

Other than that, I think I never really tried email support.

I did however, just a few days back, called Kerio support. I'm in Germany and called a German number, but I got connected to someone in the UK. Needless to say, I had no real problem talking to the English speaking staff.

My experience: A very friendly, fun young lady listened to my question, fired up her test KMS server and rebuilt the situation i had here concerning kmsrevocer in a few seconds. Then she gave me the hint I needed.

Very competent, very friendly. I can't say I miss anything in KMS support, I have to say it is one of the best supported products I use/deploy.
  •  
robert.koscak

I have to admit, Kerio support I was always called and always tried to help.
Kerio developers always make the patches BUT unfortunately in many cases only quick response and support is community.

WHY? Kerio leadership must understand that, the level of support provided is little more than basic.

Technical support must develop the next levels of support, consisting of advanced engineers and programmers.
1 level of basic support, troubleshooting basic problems, filtering requirements for advanced level
2 level of advanced support, troubleshooting problems, repairing and listening to customers
3 level partner advanced support, strengthens the relationship with partners and distributors

Ultimately, Kerio support can get PASS, but the Kerio leadership which wants expansion and greater representation in the market should ask whether it is good enough.
  •  
TorW

I have never called Kerio tech support. My colleague has though, and he's plenty happy with it: problems were solved in a matter of minutes. On the other hand he's never used email support, and that's the only support I've used. Email support is unfortunetaly less than stellar, and they usually answer only half the question or appears to not completely understand the issue.

Because of the poor email support I've been reluctant calling them on the phone, but it seems like I might be wrong.
  •  
p0ddie

based on my one time experience: try them on the phone, I was surprised and actually blown away by support quality.

For all other non-urgent things, I think this forum is perfect since you not just get an answer but discuss the matter with pros and cons and the insight snd experience of other KMS admins.
  •  
stewie

Why is Kerio's phone support good yet email support bad? This is definitely something Kerio should investigate. Seems like a very easy fix.

I completely agree with robert.koscak. Email is mission critical. When there's a problem it must be fixed immediately. Fortunately Kerio is a great product & doesn't have many issues. But when something arises, customers need to know there's a "disaster response unit" ready to address the problem.
  •  
dexterb

My experience over the past few years has been good both with phone and email support. Once on the phone we exchange emails in resolving the issue, but that's about it.

As I tell all my users, don't count on email for mission critical communication--it's too easy for spam filters or outages or the delete key to mess up your life. Instead, use the phone. Same advice when you need support, call Kerio instead of email.
Previous Topic: iCal invitee expansion fails
Next Topic: Prevent emails being automatically added to address book
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 21:01:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00575 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.