Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Help with IMAP and Blackberry
  •  
rishdog

Send a private message to this user
Hi Guys,

We recently adopted kerio as our email server to replace hosted exchange. Its all working fine and we can all connect to it using our iphones, however I have trouble with integrating it with Blackberry.

I have installed Astrasync and that works fine, however i like to use imaping with the BB rather than Astrasync's email as my boss hates it.

When i try to setup the email through bis, i come up with an issue saying "Cannot connect to email server or invalid server name:"

I thought this is odd, so i thought i try setting up imap on iphone instead of the usual exchange mode and when i try using the subdomain i created "mail.domainname.com, it does not connect. However if i enter my local network ip address of the server it does work (but i need to be in the wiresless network for it to work).

Thanks in advance
Rish

Therefore, i have a theroy that maybe my dns records are not correct which is why i can't setup imap correctly unless i am in our network (where i can use the server address).

At the moment, i have an ip address which links to the mail server. I have created an A record: mail.domainname.com pointing to the A record and I have created an MX record with domainname.com which points to mail.domainname.com with a priority of 10. (its the only MX record).

Any ideas why i have to use the network ipaddress to connect via imap and not the subdomain i created which points to it?

Obviouisly i am new to this and learning on the go. Any help would be much appreciated.
  •  
rishdog

Send a private message to this user
Letting you know i solved it. It was a simple case of a setting to not allow external collections.

By the way, i have tried notifylink and astrasync and i found linking blackberry with imap and using astrasync for calendars and contacts is the best approach for us. Of course you can only view the inbox, but that suits us fine.

Previous Topic: multiple mail server question
Next Topic: Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 released
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 15:34:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.