Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio and Open Directory
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
I was after some advice on using Kerio with open directory.

I have read through the article about setting up Kerio with open directory which seems pretty straight forward.

What I would like to know is has any one done this with existing users in kerio.

I basically have a mailserver with users on it and would like to move the mail store to authenticate through open directory.

Any suggestions or comments would be grateful.

•  
stewie

Yeah, we have about 50 users & use OD to authenticate. Works very well except there's an odd issue where occasionally one user can't login. And it seems this user will stay affected for a day or even a few weeks.

What happens is they try to authenticate but it's rejected. However, if you kinit username password from the client the user can authenticate. So something is happening on the server. (Sorry, I can't recall if you can kinit from the server, but all other accounts are authenticating.) If you restart Kerio the problem disappears. But the same problem may occur again 8 hours later or 4 days later. It's really strange!

Fortunately it's not too much of an issue for us: We don't like but can live with it.
  •  
p0ddie

Hi,

I think stewie didn't reply to your question so here I go:

I think the easiest way - so you won't have to tinker with UIDs and editing XML files - would be to:

1. set up the new user in OD
2. set up that user in Kerio (as an OD user)
3. delete the "old" internal database user
4. when promted what to do with the files of the old user, tell KMs to append all files to <the new OD user>
5. log on as the new user, put the contents of the subfolder of "deleted user" into their respective locations and delete the empty "deleted user" folder
6. give the OD account it's old email address back (remember, OD logins must not contain dots, most people's mail adresses however have them - KMS automatically assigns <shortname><_a.t_><domain> as an email address for OD users.

Yes, it's a pain in the butt, but it is doable on one evening if you have 20-50 users.
  •  
InterHmai

With Snow Leopard coming out, the company I work for is planning to move to OD and letting our kerio mail server authenticate through OD as well.

I emailed Kerio Tech support about transitioning from a Kerio User DB to an OD setup and got this response:

Just create the users in your Open Directory server with the same username as they are in KMS. They must match. Then setup KMS to use OD, delete your current users but select the option to not delete the user's message folder. Now activate the same user in KMS through Open Directory and all their email will still be accessible.
Previous Topic: Multiple invitations issued when using iCal with caldav
Next Topic: KOFF disconnects network connections when syncing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:47:36 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.