Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Ical using kerio is starting to slow down when refreshing.
  •  
robjfrost

Send a private message to this user
Hi we have 22 users all sharing each others calendars (read only)with two resources. When the calendars were first started the refresh of all calendars in iCal would be quick. It was a fresh install on an intel xserve, but as time has gone on refreshing has slowed down where some calendars come up with the greyed out warning triangle. I'm getting some moans from the users as ical is too slow. However they are all insistent they need to see what everyone is doing???

Is 22 calendars excessive to be shared amongst everyone?

I really would like to know from other mac environments using ical with kerio how many calendars they share? Do you use groups or a public calendar? If so how is it configured?

Also is there a way of reducing the file size of the users calendars by removing past entries to speed things up?

Thanks in advance.

•  
My IT Indy

Check the error log on the server. I once had the caldav datastore bring a server to a screeching halt. I deleted the .caldavdb file, rebooted the server and then it regenerated the caldav database and everything was cool.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
robjfrost

Just an update on Ical slowing to nearly impossible to work with speeds. I followed Hoosiermacs advise which did speed things up fractionally, thanks for that.
But I have also been getting some advise from Kerio support (who have been extremely helpful and responsive via phone and mail) its basically the amount of data getting pushed back and fourth from the server to iCal.
Seeing as we have had been using the calendars for a good run of years the info was now chugging up the network as the files grew.
So in iCal under the preferences in Advanced settings there is an option to 'delete events ' ' days after they have passed'.

This once switched on worked for newer employees but for anyone with calendars that were created under Tiger,and not leopard it didn't. So a bit of research showed that Tiger calendars needed to be re indexed for Leopard for the ical function to work.
Ran this in Terminal mdimport ~/Library/Calendars for the older updated calendars in leopard and everything is running perfectly...
Thanks Rob Smile
  •  
My IT Indy

Thanks for posting the fix for your problem, hopefully it will help somebody who runs into the same issue.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
dmesser

No Message Body

[Updated on: Thu, 12 November 2009 00:04]

Previous Topic: shell script sendmail
Next Topic: Yahoo Marks as spam, no domainkey...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:00:19 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.