Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Add deleted users Mailboxes to other user
  •  
onkeldata

Send a private message to this user
Hello List,

I deleted a kerio-user, but kept the data. Now his supervisor needs the mail, so they can see, which work is already done.
It is strictly business mail, there are no privacy issues.
Can I add the Mailboxes in a subfolder of the supervisors account? How so? Do I need to reindex?

Is there already a How-To somewhere I was unable to find?

I'd appreciate your help,

Fred
  •  
stewie

Hi, Fred.

Yes, you can move/copy the emails. Say Cartman wants to see Timmy's email. Have Cartman make a new folder, "TimmysEmail". (Technically that step is optional.) Then copy or move Timmy's email into that folder.

cp -r /opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/southpark.com/timmy/INBOX/* /opt/kerio/mailserver/store/mail/southpark.com/cartman/TimmysEmail/

That's about it.
  •  
stewie

One more thing. In the USA, there's no privacy issue with your work email: It's essentially the employer's property. Companies usually have an employee privacy statement that details how the company handles this. But the bottom line is that you are not entitled to any privacy on your company email.
  •  
p0ddie

an easier (entirely in webmail) way would be to just copy those folders into the public folders and from there either set permissions so only the boss can see these mails (that would be the cleaner way to do that - make a subfolder called "deleted users" and put the mails there) or copy the folder from the public folders to your boss' mail folder from there. No need to use the cli.
  •  
stewie

Except that he deleted the user. In order to do as you suggest he'd have to recreate the user account first then setup the share & permissions, etc.

I don't think that's easier or faster than cp -r /timmy /cartman/timmysMail. It took me 5 seconds. Beat that! Wink

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You forgot to use parameter '-P' in cp. Also, make sure that the folder belongs to deleted user who no longer use KMS. Copying folders of existing KMS users is not recommended and may break synchronization with clients. In rare cases some clients may force deletion of user data in such situation.
  •  
p0ddie

>Except that he deleted the user. In order to do as you suggest he'd have to recreate >the user account first then setup the share & permissions, etc.

Hey,

not really - when he deleted the user, I assumed he put the user's files somewhere, preferably as a subfolder to the admin account Wink

And yes, of course cp'ing the folder is a lot faster, but for people inexperienced with the command line, all hell breaks loose if you fail. And I am not even sure if cp works on windows servers, I don't thin they have that command in the command promt (but I can be very wrong since I am far from a Windows expert).
Previous Topic: Mails of our own domain are moved to Junk E-Mail!!!
Next Topic: very strange problem with kerio outlook connector offline
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:27:52 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.