Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Invitations, delegations and assistants
  •  
acaiq

Send a private message to this user
We are trying to move away from TeamAgenda to KMS (we're already using KMS for mail and contacts). But one thing is a show stopper for us : when someone act as a delegate, and the original calendar owner receive a invitation for a new event, the invitation only show up in iCal (on 10.5). Let's go with an example :

Let's say BossA given admin rights to AssistantB. In iCal, AssistantB add BossA calendars as a delegate. New invitation for BossA come in, AssistanceB can see the invitation and accept it on behalf of BossA.

Now, we want to do the same thing in Outlook 2007 and webmail, but no luck, no notifications. My guess is that it only works with CalDAV clients (delegation is part of the standard)? I guess one solution would be to give access to BossA's mail inbox to AssistantB so that AssistantB can see invitations, but I would qualify that as a hack.

--
KMS 6.7.2 on RedHat ES 4, 130 users (65% on Entourage 2008, 35% on Outlook 2007)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Well, it is not a hack. Actually, iCal does the same - it can access calendar owner's Inbox and get meeting invitations from there (no emails or other items). So, for non-CalDAV clients, you need to share Inbox folder so the assistant can get meeting invitation emails. However, make sure that the event is added to correct calendar when accepting the invitation (some clients like Outlook put the event to the calendar of the user who accepts the event (not the original recipient).
  •  
hello

PDobry,

Does this now work in the new web client (KC v8)...that the delegate can see the owners invitations and accept on their behalf without using the owner's inbox?

I'm dealing with a delegated assistant using iCal or the WebClient in KC8. They are complaining that it is unreliable in regards to invites for the owner...sending them out on their behalf, receiving and how they both show or don't show an acceptance properly (green check mark or no trespassing symbol)

Thanks.
  •  
hello

PDobry,

Does this now work in the new web client (KC v8)...that the delegate can see the owners invitations and accept on their behalf without using the owner's inbox?

I'm dealing with a delegated assistant using iCal or the WebClient in KC8. They are complaining that it is unreliable in regards to invites for the owner...sending them out on their behalf, receiving and how they both show or don't show an acceptance properly (green check mark or no trespassing symbol)

Thanks.
Previous Topic: Lists Not being parsed by Connect
Next Topic: [solved] Email adress: send copy to internal and external adress
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 00:55:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.