Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » headers dont match email bodies
  •  
ciara

Send a private message to this user
hi -- we have just started a fresh install of kerio mail server. I have both entourage and apple mail running -- with a preference of using apple mail. I have imported all my old mail up to the server via entourage (copying the folders etc) and it all views fine in entourage. But after entering the server information in apple mail (using exchange as the choice) - after syncing several times, and then selecting each folder to force mail to finally download all the mail - it all came thru. but there was one hitch. All of the emails have the wrong headers..

for example -- the email may be from Popular Science -- but in the listing it shows cooking international (which is for another email).

i have told it to sync w/ the server several times and even a double click and open shows the wrong info. also if i reply to an email with the wrong info - the info carries to the reply (ie instead of 'quote from popular science it says the other head info - 'cooking international wrote" and it has the wrong reply info as well.

I know the info is correct on the server - as its fine in webmail and in entourage.

any ideas? i am at my wits end.

thanks in advance

ciara
  •  
hello

In Apple Mail select in the menu:

Mailbox/Rebuild (this is different than sync)

That will fix it for you.

Chris
  •  
ciara

thank - will try that -- i thought it had finally fixed it - after closing and reopening mail several times it seems to be fine -- then this morning (it was awake the night doing a major time machine backup) it was all mixed up again... strange...
will report if the rebuild works... thanks for pointing it out to me...
Smile
ml
  •  
ciara

rebuild works but i have to do this repeatedly and on every folder... it has become a standard to run rebuild before trusting any information in a folder ... which is tedious... i would chalk this up as a bug.

ml
Previous Topic: KOC6.5.2: no e-mail sync. in outlook 2007
Next Topic: webmail gives appointment reminders that are previously dismissed
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 10:01:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.