Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Outlook Connector 64 Bit (Kerio Outlook Connector 64 Bit)
  •  
Alex.Fischer

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I want to use the Kerio Outlook Connector with the 64-Bit Version of Office (to be honnest: I'm testing with Office 2010 and with Windows 7, both 64 Bit)

I'm able to install the most recent Kerio Connector but I'm not able to use it with Outlook (same manner when I'm trying it wiht 64 Bit Version Outlook 2007. I get an email that a DLL is not registered.

Can anybody help me: is there any chance to get a connector working in this environment? Or is there a chance to get a workaround for this?

Thanks for any response.

Alex
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Unfortunately, no. Kerio Outlook Connector compatibility with upcoming Office 2010 or 64bit version of Office is not complete.
Currently, Kerio Outlook Connector does not work with these betas and it does not make a sense for customers to test it.

Please wait until proper support for these systems in Kerio Outlook Connector will be announced.
  •  
sedell

I doubt I'll get an actual answer, but I have to ask...

Is there any estimate when 64-bit OS support will be available? During our next hardware refresh, which is coming soon, we have a number of machines that have to be replaced with 64-bit machines. This is one of the few applications so far that has come up as incompatible/no compatible version.

Scott
  •  
elias

We have roughly a dozen developers who are running 64-bit Windows, but 32-bit Office, and the Kerio Connector works great with Outlook on these systems. While it would be nice to run native 64-bit Office, for us, it just isn't important. I'm not sure if that's an option for you, but it has been working well for us.

-Elias
  •  
winkelman

elias wrote on Thu, 13 August 2009 21:17
While it would be nice to run native 64-bit Office, for us, it just isn't important.

AFAIK native 64-bit Office does not even exist (in RTM that is). Office 2010 is, again AFAIK, the first Office version to come out with both a 32-bit and a native 64-bit version. After Office 2010 it will only be 64-bit, AFAIK.

The topic starter is testing with a Office 2010 BETA version...
  •  
elias

winkelman wrote on Mon, 17 August 2009 07:31
The topic starter is testing with a Office 2010 BETA version...

I was posting a reply to Scott's message. Sorry for the confusion, I should have used a quote.

-Elias
  •  
winkelman

sedell wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 14:55
Is there any estimate when 64-bit OS support will be available?

Are you saying that 32-bit KOC/KOFF with 32-bit Office on 64-bit Windows is not working? (Only thing available currently, 64-but Office 2010 is not scheduled to go RTM until 1ste half of next year.)

I don't know, just asking... Razz
  •  
TorW

winkelman wrote on Tue, 18 August 2009 09:20

Are you saying that 32-bit KOC/KOFF with 32-bit Office on 64-bit Windows is not working?

KOC/KOFF on 32-bit Outlook 2007 running on Windows x64 works. The 32-bit subsystem (WoW64) on x64 appears to be extremely robust. We are running all sorts of legacy apps on x64 without any problems.
  •  
Alex.Fischer

In my enviroments I'm using the following combinations:

1) Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) 64-Bit with Office 2010 64-Bit
2) Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) 64-Bit with Office 2010 32-Bit
3) Windows 7 Ultimate (RTM) 32-Bit with Office 2010 32-Bit

In none of these combinations I was able to use the current available kerio connector (with offline cache function).

I just get error messages when I'm trying to config it.

While I understand that option 1) isn't working I hoped that 2) or 3) will work. But it doesn't do so.

Any idea how to get this running. Really important for me.

Alex
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

I guess this has to do with the Office 2010 stuff.

Office 2007 should work, altough Windows 7 isn't support either (yet)
  •  
julienvs

Hmm ... and what about clients connecting on Terminal Servers?
Latest versions run in 64 bit only ... so we installed office 64 bit ... don't say I'm the only one facing this problem?

I'm an Apple tech and not familiar with windows servers, can anybody tell me where I'm wrong?

Kind regards,

Julien
  •  
winkelman

Well, even on 64-bit machines Microsoft recommends you install 32-bit Office. There is absolutely no benefit with 64-bit Office over 32-bit, expect if you need to open Excel sheets larger then 2Gb or want to have a gazillion rows or columns in Excel. No other advantages. And I guess you also do not have 2Gb Excel sheets Cool

So I would say: stick with the 'best practice' and install 32-bit Office, also on 64-bit machines. You're bound to run into more issues with 64-bit Office, besides Kerio, since Office 64b is not entirely compatible with the 32-bit version, especially concerning plugins etc.

(I think the only reason Microsoft even releases a 64-bit version, is so third party (plugin) developers are now motivated to start developing 64-bit versions of the plugins. And then a couple of Office versions from now, perhaps we will all use the 64-bit version...)
  •  
julienvs

sounds like an easy fix. thx Smile
I feel like it's something wrong to say but I start to like 2008 server.

julien
Previous Topic: OSx install of Kerio and MS Active Directory authentification
Next Topic: Double entries in Inbox
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:15:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00543 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.