Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Suggestions on deleting hundreds of calendar duplicates
  •  
topher1078

Send a private message to this user
So I just finished exporting users from Exchange to Kerio and am setting up Kerio. Everything's going fine until I noticed that one user has about 25,000 items in his calendar. Something happened to the original Exchange calendar where for the years 2006 and 2007 some events got duplicated many, many times - couple hundred each, easy.

What's the fastest way I can remove these duplicates from Kerio? I've tried iCal Cleaner but it seems to be taking a really, REALLY long time to do anything. Is it safe to delete items directly from the Kerio store, or is there another solution out there that could help in my quite annoying problem?

[Updated on: Wed, 12 August 2009 21:04]

•  
j.a.duke

topher1078 wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 12:48
So I just finished exporting users from Exchange to Kerio and am setting up Kerio. Everything's going fine until I noticed that one user has about 25,000 items in his calendar. Something happened to the original Exchange calendar where for the years 2006 and 2007 some events got duplicated many, many times - couple hundred each, easy.

What's the fastest way I can remove these duplicates from Kerio? I've tried iCal Cleaner but it seems to be taking a really, REALLY long time to do anything. Is it safe to delete items directly from the Kerio store, or is there another solution out there that could help in my quite annoying problem?

I'd try iCal Dupe Deleter.

http://www.nhoj.co.uk/icaldupedeleter/ical_dupe_deleter_1_1_ 0.dmg

I used it recently and it worked pretty quickly, but I only had a couple thousand events to scan.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
topher1078

Thanks Jon! Worked much faster than iCal Cleaner - much appreciated.
  •  
topher1078

Actually it didn't work and I'm a bit concerned as to why it didn't work. It searched, deleted the duplicates just fine, but the duplicates were NOT deleted from the server, even though the iCal from which I removed them appears to be syncing just fine. I can even create items on the webmail or on another client and they show up in my deleted duplicate calendar just fine, but those deleted items were not deleted from the server. I'm worried as to what this disconnect is - if everything is running off the same server, why is it not actually matching up?
  •  
j.a.duke

topher1078 wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 14:57
Actually it didn't work and I'm a bit concerned as to why it didn't work. It searched, deleted the duplicates just fine, but the duplicates were NOT deleted from the server, even though the iCal from which I removed them appears to be syncing just fine. I can even create items on the webmail or on another client and they show up in my deleted duplicate calendar just fine, but those deleted items were not deleted from the server. I'm worried as to what this disconnect is - if everything is running off the same server, why is it not actually matching up?

If I'm not mistaken, iCal Dupe Deleter works only on a "local" calendar, so you'll need to export the clean calendar, delete the events (or more likely the whole calendar) from the server, create a new calendar, if you deleted the server calendar, and import from the clean export.

Let me know if that works out.

Cheers,
Jon

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2009 15:55]

•  
topher1078

That's what I ended up doing after a call to Kerio support - the deleter deleted the items from the kerio ical calendar I was working off of, but those changes were not reflected to the server even though it was still syncing. Made it local and reimported to Kerio worked just fine.
Previous Topic: Changing Instance of Recurring Event on iPhone
Next Topic: UNABLE TO LOGIN AS ADMIN
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 16:08:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00457 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.