Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition (This doesn't work with Kerio. Does Kerio plan to support EWS?)
  •  
diskrete

Send a private message to this user
Today Microsoft released an updated version of Entourage--Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition--that does not work with Kerio.

It uses the new Exchange Web Services protocol (EWS), which is available in Exchange Server 2007 and above. Are there plans to support EWS in Kerio?

What concerns me is that, while the previous version of Entourage 2008 is still available and works with Kerio, I wouldn't be surprised if the next version only supports EWS.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio is providing the best available support for Microsoft Entourage client on Mac (from 3rd party applications). We are going to continue in our effort to be the best groupware solution which supports all Mac clients. This includes also support for Entourage 2008 EWS. Currently, we can't promise any time frame.
  •  
diskrete

Thank you so much for replying. I understand that you can't promise any time frame, but knowing it's on your radar makes one less IT problem that I have to worry about.
  •  
LarryS

There is a good overview article about EWS, which covers possible Apple and Microsoft intentions (which we are seeing now), in a recent issue of MacTech:

http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech-synopses/305026-25.0 4-Collaborative-Synopsis.html

You have to subscribe to read it, though. Sorry about that. I recommend the mag, especially if you are an admin.

I hope the Kerio support is forthcoming, but I certainly understand that switching a major protocol will no doubt be a big hassle. Hoever, full synchronization of all Entourage items (like notes, etc.) will be very helpful for our workgroup.

Larry
  •  
avvidme

I 100% agree with previous post. As a new Kerio user, I hope this is a high priority on Kerios development schedule.
  •  
fastred

I agree... this is a priority for us too.

Regards

Jeremy
Previous Topic: Kerio MailServer and Entourage with Exchange Web Services (EWS) add-on
Next Topic: message in my warning log
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 10:16:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00461 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.