Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » CalDav/iCal/Invitees (Also, iPhone invitations are really flaky.)
  •  
topher1078

Send a private message to this user
Couple days into a new Kerio setup. Trying to get CalDav and iCal fully up and running. So here's my problem. I create a new event from iCal and invite users from iCal - their email address do auto-populate, so I "hope" LDAP is working properly (all our Kerio users are from Open Directory). Click send - they all get the invitation in Mail and iCal. They can click accept. Wonderful!

However, what happens is that when the invitees view the invitation, the status of the INVITER is not displayed. The inviter's account is not displayed properly and is displayed as "user topher1078<_a.t_>domain.net" with a question mark next to their name, while the other invitees are displayed properly (full name, green check mark). From the original inviter account, I can see all the invitees with the green check mark. So the original creator of the event is not being listed properly in the event, causing other folks to get confused as to whether or not they are actually attending.

Also, what may or may not be related (and will probably be worthy of another post) invites are not appearing on my iPhone with 3.0 software and ActiveSync.
  •  
topher1078

Something with the iPhone has also started to act up. I could swear that invitations were working on the iPhone fine, but now if I am invited to something, my iPhone does not pop up an invitation but automatically puts the event on my calendar as if I had accepted it. Which I did not.
  •  
mpermann

If I received a meeting invitation from someone (i.e. the inviter), I would assume that their status for that meeting would be accepted since they initiated the meeting. You wouldn't invite people to a meeting you couldn't attend. At least I wouldn't think you would. I think that is normal behavior in iCal. At least it is normal behavior in my iCal setup. But I can appreciate that some people could be confused by that situation.
  •  
topher1078

I'm more worried that it could be systematic of a larger problem - especially with me still not being able to receive invites on the iPhone. So in your iCal setup, if an invitee views the event, they do not see the status of the inviter (or see a question mark)?
  •  
mpermann

Yes, if I view an event in iCal that I was invited to I can see the status of all the invitees but not the inviter. As for your iPhone issue, you might want to make sure that your New Invitations Alerts is set to on in the account setup for Kerio. My iPhone 3GS works just fine with Kerio and the calendar invites. Are you also using a desktop client (i.e. Apple Mail or Thunderbird) that might be set to auto accept meeting invitations when received? I thought I remembered seeing a preference somewhere about auto accepting meeting invites. But I could be crazy.
  •  
topher1078

Ok good to know about the first issue - but as for new invitations those are still not appearing. I'm assuming you are referring to the "New Invitation Alerts" setting on the iPhone - that is checked on. And no, the events aren't getting auto accepted because they pop up normally on other clients (iCal/Entourage) and I still need to accept them there. The calendar on the iPhone doesn't seem to change regardless of whether I have clicked accept or not in the other calendars.
  •  
mpermann

My invitations show up in the invitations list (5th button on the bottom in Calendar) in the Calendar app. Or they show up as an alert on the main screen that I can click on and accept. Are you using the latest version of the iPhone software?
  •  
topher1078

Yup latest version (actually 3.1, but I'm testing on 3.01 as well).

Another thing I noticed related to the problem that's very interesting - so I have an event that I was invited to and accepted in iCal. It shows in iCal/webmail/Entourage that I have accepted the invitation.

Now, take that same event - on the iPhone, it appears on my calendar and when I tap it, it shows the accept/maybe/decline buttons at the bottom of the even details. Tapping the button does nothing however - it closes the event, goes back to the calendar, but the buttons still appear on the events details. So to my untrained eye, it seems like the iPhone calendar doesn't think it's actually the account that is being invited, or sending the reply back to the server is failing, possibly for the same reason that the original invitation is failing.
  •  
topher1078

One addendum to my last - while the accept and maybe buttons do nothing, decline does remove the item from the calendar and from the calendar in iCal too, even if I had already accepted the item in iCal.
  •  
topher1078

And now even weirder things are happening - I enabled ActiveSync logging in Kerio admin console and suddenly some invitations started happening. I can hit accept and they actually become accepted. Now the invitation list for a moment displayed the actual invitee status, but then it stopped, still not sure about that one. So for some reason enabling logging somehow jump started some invitations to happen, but there is still a bit of a disconnect occurring.
  •  
majo72

Have the same problem between iPhones:
"A" send an calendar event invite to person "B".
Person "B" getting a popup and he press "show". Then clicking on that activity and press "Accept". On person "B"'s iPhone he is now accepted and marked as green.
Person A get an email with only an non working iCal symbol (meeting.ics) confirming this.
In the calendar on person "A", under the activity, the invited person "B" has a question mark.

Kerio, please help us out here, thanks!
Previous Topic: PostBox Compatibility
Next Topic: Kerio MS Exchange 2007 support?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 17:53:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00430 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.