Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Urgent Migration Issue
  •  
mbad1

Send a private message to this user
Having an odd problem.

Just migrated from an old 10.4 Server to a brand new 10.5 Server OS X. Done this many times before but can't seem to work out the problem.

Moved the Mailstore that I had on Volume 1 and the usr/local/Kerio/mailserver folder acorss which of course has the config file and user.cfg.

Installed Kerio on the new server - It starts up with default settings.

Removed mailserver folder and replaced with the old files and the old mailstore.

Try as I might I cannot get Kerio server to start up. I checked the config file and checked the volume names etc, Even moved the mail store into the main USR/Local/Kerio folder , tried it on the main hard drive etc.

Just not sure what else to try. Any ideas ??

I have to have this up and running this weekend and never had so much trouble with a mailstore.

Both versions are the latest patch.
  •  
mbad1

Only one thought.

Could it be DNS that stops it starting.

I have used the same IP address on the new server and I think I ahve setup DNS correctly.

IN DNS on server have company.com as main zone
Name server is mailserver.company.com

This is the same as my 10.4 DNS setup.

I personally don't think it has any bearing but just one thought of many I've had about it.
  •  
My IT Indy

I've done this migration a bunch of times without problem. Check the system.log file, that should tell you what's broken.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mbad1

Yeah, I was doin gother server work also so it was a 16 hour day and maybe not enough alertness or time left in the tank to work it out.

The Syslog did say couldn't open Ksudo in mailserver, of course I read that as some sort of system command - It is also one of the files in the maiserver folder.

So.... I think the issue is that I have a permission / corruption issue with the ksudo (and maybe other) files in the mailserver folder.

Solution will be to zip the original or just bring over the 3 files I need (mailconf, users conf and license). I moved the whole mailserver folder across.

I'll know in about 5 hours as I'm going to have to compact and move the mailstore across again as I started up the old server to ensure it was still working and left it on to update mails as it had been down all day.
  •  
My IT Indy

I sent you a PM on how to use rsync to migrate directly from one server to another. I've used this command many times without any problems.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
mbad1

Thanks guys

all sorted. End of a real long day and I was starting to panic thinking what could be up

rsync is definitely the best way or other copying program that does pure copy

I hooked up the two servers via single Ethernet copied across put into place changed conf for volume name
all working in 10 mins (after five hours copying the store)

first time I used a FireWire drive due to stages of servers and prob had acls on it and I stuffed up the permissions putting the whole mailserver folder across

thanks for replies just typing it out last night helped me realise what I had done Smile

Previous Topic: Wrong Unicode Character after migration from Exchange
Next Topic: KOC6.5.2: no e-mail sync. in outlook 2007
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 09:48:50 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.