Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Prevent users from deleting items form public folders
  •  
matino

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

our users are using public folders (especially caledar), where they create, edit, delete items, so they have to have admin rights for public folders. But with this comes along one risk - they can delete whole public calendar, or other public folder (happened few days ago).
So is there any option, how can I restrict users form deleting public folder item, but with rights to manage entries in cal, tasks or contacts?

Thanks,
Martin
  •  
matthias_b

give them only the right to read / write. (editors)

[Updated on: Tue, 25 August 2009 11:28]

•  
matino

I was searching for such an option, but I haven't found it...for each user, there is only checkbox for admin rights for public folders.
  •  
matthias_b

start the admin console.
go to the user list an check every single users the tab "rights" and have a look if the checkbox adminrights for public calendar is marked.
  •  
matino

Every user has this checkbox marked, because they need to create/modify items in public calendar/tasks.
Problem is they can delete whole calendar, or drag and move it to their private mailbox.
If I uncheck admin rights for public folders, they won't be able to maintain entries in public folders (calendar or whatever).
  •  
matthias_b

strange.
i have unmark it by all users.
only three persons got the admin right to create or delete calendars.
and the secretary and some other got the right as an editor.
and they are unable to delete the calendars
do you set the rights in your webmailer?
  •  
matino

I was setting it in admin console, and there is just this checkbox...in webmail, I can assign editors rights for users with no admin rights to public folders.
Thanks
Previous Topic: Remote iphone wipe
Next Topic: kerio mail server not detecting spams with return path <**stop**<_a.t_>domain.com>
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 21:21:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00408 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.