Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Remote iphone wipe
  •  
robjfrost

Send a private message to this user
Hi
I thought i should best see for myself the remote wipe function incase a member of staff lost their phone so i thought it right that i should be the guinea pig. So I made sure of a backup and commenced with the wipe. All seemed to go well as it wiped the phone or at least i thought it did, but it has now rendered it unusable.
I have followed all of apples support of reseting etc and no joy.
I have removed the device from my user in kerio admin to see if that has done something as i think the process must of hung this was after 15 mins or so.
Not sure if that was the right thing to of done but.. its done now.

The security log states that it was initiated: Device with id Appl************ (user: rob<_a.t_>domainname.com) will be wiped out (requested by user: admin)
However there is not a completed message in the log.

Im booked in to see an apple store iphone genius this afternoon to hopefully make the phone functional once more... hope?
Has anyone else experienced this or similar?
Thanks
Rob

•  
My IT Indy

Just plug the phone in and restore it with iTunes.

I did this on my jailbroken phone and I had to do a complete restore of the OS on the phone to get it back up.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
robjfrost

Hi Hoosiermac
Thanks for that, but it unfortunately it wont show up in itunes nor system profiler.
So Im hoping that the apple genius will have some other bit of software a bit like disk utility for iphones, that can reformat the drive, and start from scratch.
  •  
My IT Indy

Yikes, that's not good. That's not the usual result from wiping a phone. can you put it into recovery mode? I hate for you to make a trip to the store if you don't have to.

http://www.iphonealley.com/tips-and-tricks/save-your-iphone- with-recovery-mode

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
robjfrost

Hoosiermac... You're a star...
Thanks for that.. I admit i did try the recovery mode earlier but the cable wasn't connected to the mac should always read thoroughly
Now its restoring as we speak.
Now i just have to cancel the appointment at Apple.
Thanks Rob.
Previous Topic: IMAP Connector for push download?
Next Topic: Prevent users from deleting items form public folders
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 04:53:47 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00404 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.