Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone Calendar Problem
  •  
sall532

Send a private message to this user

Hi guys,

I have sucessfully set up an iPhone to view my Kerio calendar using the following URL:

http://mail.mycompany.com/caldav/users/mycompany.com/sall532

I haven't had any luck accessing the sub-calendars though. I tried appending the folder name to the above:

http://mail.mycompany.com/caldav/users/mycompany.com/sall532 /personal/

...but this doesn't work. What is the correct URL format to access sub-calendars?

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

CalDAV does not use hierarchical calendar structure. Because of that, only calendars in the root mailbox level are available in CalDAV server.
  •  
j.a.duke

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 15:19
CalDAV does not use hierarchical calendar structure. Because of that, only calendars in the root mailbox level are available in CalDAV server.

So, if I have multiple calendars in the root, I should be able to see each one?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
anthony.somerset

yes i have multiple calendars in root and can see them in my iphone, either via caldav or by activesync/exchange

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
j.a.duke

anthony.somerset wrote on Sun, 30 August 2009 16:41
yes i have multiple calendars in root and can see them in my iphone, either via caldav or by activesync/exchange

Now, how about delegated calendars? Can those be setup on the iPhone?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
anthony.somerset

no, not easily

it is possible to subscribe to calendars on the iphone but this would be a manual process and you would need to have the other user's calendar address

its a known limitation (and an intended one) of activesync that delegates cant be shown... i am surprised that apple didnt put delegated calendars into iphone caldav, the sarcastic person in me suggests that it might appear in iphone os 4.0 Laughing

[Updated on: Sun, 30 August 2009 23:24]

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
sall532

Thankyou for that solution. We are able to restructure our calendars so that they are all in the root directory.

Second issue while I have your attention, if it's ok to hijack my own thread!

How does one change the colour of a calendar? When I add the CalDAV calendars to the iPhone they all appear as grey. I can't find any setting on iPhone to manually change cal colour, nor can I find any setting in Kerio.

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Calendar color can be set only in Apple iCal client. It's the only client using calendar colors. iPhone can display the color but cannot set it.
  •  
anthony.somerset

kerio_pdobry beat me to the answer Smile

also renaming your default "Calendar" calendar in iCal only sets it in ical, on the iphone it stays as Calendar in activesync mode

however if you use CalDAV mode for calendars on iphone the name also matches that set in iCal, these are the only 2 places where the default calendar can be not called "Calendar" (its still called Calendar in the web interface)

am interested to find out why that is the case

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
sall532

OK thanks. So calendar colour is part of the CalDAV spec? If so will the option to change colour be added to kerio web interface any time soon?

[Updated on: Mon, 31 August 2009 16:49]

•  
j.a.duke

j.a.duke wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 20:01
Kerio_pdobry wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 15:19

So, if I have multiple calendars in the root, I should be able to see each one?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

I can see all the calendars that I own, but I can only write the the main "Calendar" calendar.

Can I, via CalDAV, have writeable calendars other than the primary? Isn't this the promise of CalDAV?

Having asked the question, I have a partial answer in that I kind of have it working on the iPhone-I set up the account twice with the exact same URL (http://mail.company.com:80/caldav), the same credentials, just two different account names.

I can write to any calendar in my account, but want to know if this is going to mess things up somehow. And more importantly, why do I need to do the double-setup in order to get writeable calendars (other than the primary)?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
Previous Topic: Finding inactive users
Next Topic: Webmail Mail Filters domainwide?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 06:23:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00559 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.