Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Backup Solutions for Email (All Ideas are welcome.)
  •  
subnet

Send a private message to this user
Hi Everybody,

I was thinking about the best Backup Solutions for my Infrastructure. We currently have 100 Mailboxes and mailboxes of 2-3 gigs. The kerio archiving solution I don't see as the best because it sets all the emails in one folder. And in an organization with daily 1000 emails thats very much. I was thinking about creating an Grandfather - Father - Son Solution. So I will be backing up all the users emails and keeping that for years. And in windows GPO for Outlook creating a policy to autoarchive every month. So users only have mails on the server with mails for that year. The other emails are going on to there local hard disk. Incase an user Harddisk fails for some reason I think that it will be possible to retrieve there e-mails from tape.

What do you think about this solution, or does somebody has an better solutions.

I want to build an backup solution with the least amount of data loss.

Regards,

Cliff
  •  
My IT Indy

Do you want a backup solution or archiving solution?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Perhaps you should use the backup feature of Kerio Mailserver.

With this you can make a full backup or incremental backup of all mail on the server into an archive (zip)

You could setup a system which makes a full backup ones a week and make incremental backups every day in between, to ensure a backup exist.

You can also set how many backups the mailserver should hold, e.g. you could set it to 4, in this case 4 full backups will be kept.

In your case this would be about 1200 gigs (without the incremental files). If you setup a hard drive (or network share) with enough space, you can easily make backups of the store.

Previous Topic: Mail Server Public Folders
Next Topic: Procedure: Generate SSL certificate using multiple names
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 09:24:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00362 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.