Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio MailServer and Mac OS X Snow Leopard (Download and install Kerio MailServer 6.7.2 with Snow Leopard support.)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Kerio MailServer and Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Update:
It's available today!

Kerio MailServer 6.7.2 supports Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

Download it now: http://www.kerio.com/mailserver/download

[Updated on: Tue, 03 August 2010 10:38]

•  
howiedi2

Do you have any expectation on when you plan on releasing the next update? I cannot control the actions of my hosted customers. They will not understand why your product is not up to date. We could lose business over this.
  •  
chrisrosa

Has IMAP magically changed in Snow Leopard or something like that?

Or are you saying that Kerio Server should not be run (installed) on Snow Leopard client?

This announcement is a) confusing, and b) kinda surprising and disappointing considering how long Snow Leopard has been in development.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 00:19]

•  
topher1078

IMAP is fine - the issues (the ones I have anyways are with CalDAV. And my CalDAV issues popped up only with the most recent SL build, so they are newer. Plus, to Kerio's credit, the release date of Snow Leopard was only announced a week ago.
  •  
Mr. Doug

IMAP isn't the issue. It's anything relating to a hosted/central Address Book or iCal support.

I'm just going to have to manage my Calendar via my iPhone until it's done.
  •  
howiedi2

Mr. Doug wrote on Thu, 27 August 2009 21:04
IMAP isn't the issue. It's anything relating to a hosted/central Address Book or iCal support.

I'm just going to have to manage my Calendar via my iPhone until it's done.

It's a piss poor way to deal with this issue, but that's what I'm going to do too. I've upgraded to every version of Mac OS X on release day, and I will not be stopped by Kerio's slow development process. It's absurd to act as is Apple caught them by surprise. I happen to know that Kerio recently held an event at Apple. They were asked about KMS's compatibility with Snow Leopard. They avoided answering. Let me say this again... THEY AVOIDED ANSWERING THE QUESTION COMING STRAIGHT FROM APPLE!!!! This was before Apple moved up the release date. This is a major fail on Kerio's part. Not everyone has a workaround that they can use, and KMS still does not work well with Safari despite the promises made about KMS 6.7.1. Unless you have an iPhone, or other Active Synch device to use for calendar management, you're screwed until Kerio stops playing the blame Apple game, and fixes this problem. Simply announcing that a fix is coming is lame. We need better communication than this. I will not introduce Kerio as being a good solution to my customers until I see this get fixed.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2009 19:49]

•  
mpermann

Why can't you use the web interface to manage your calendar until Kerio gets the issue fixed? We use the web interface for everything in our organization. I personally use Safari 4.0.3 to log into the web interface to manage my calendar and it works just fine. I do wish Kerio would make some improvements to the calendar web interface but maybe they will as time progresses.
  •  
tba6440

Quote:
do not fully support Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Is this a joke? iCal does not work at all! The developer version of 10.6 is available since months. The reason why we use Kerio is gone!

To use the web interface is a no go!!! We are very disappointed!
  •  
howiedi2

mpermann wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 13:15
Why can't you use the web interface to manage your calendar until Kerio gets the issue fixed? We use the web interface for everything in our organization. I personally use Safari 4.0.3 to log into the web interface to manage my calendar and it works just fine. I do wish Kerio would make some improvements to the calendar web interface but maybe they will as time progresses.

I tried that. It doesn't work properly! My system is very well managed, and has no other issues except with Kerio webmail. I'll just use my iPhone. At least Apple isn't throwing us under the bus like Kerio is.
  •  
howiedi2

tba6440 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 14:28
Quote:

Is this a joke? iCal does not work at all! The developer version of 10.6 is available since months. The reason why we use Kerio is gone!

You summed this up perfectly! The developer version has been around for a long time, and Kerio is just now saying something about it. FAIL!!!
  •  
mpermann

Sorry to hear that. We use the web interface (mostly in Firefox 3.5.x but I use Safari 4.0.3) for over 700 users and it works fine. As I said before, Kerio needs to do some tweaking/updating to their web interface to make it more usable. But it does work reasonably well. Maybe you should contact the support people to see if they can shed some light on why you can't get the web interface working in Safari on your system.
  •  
howiedi2

mpermann wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 15:24
Sorry to hear that. We use the web interface (mostly in Firefox 3.5.x but I use Safari 4.0.3) for over 700 users and it works fine. As I said before, Kerio needs to do some tweaking/updating to their web interface to make it more usable. But it does work reasonably well. Maybe you should contact the support people to see if they can shed some light on why you can't get the web interface working in Safari on your system.

Kerio needs to keep its partners informed in a timely manner. I will not sell any new licenses of KMS, or bring on new hosted customers until this is fixed. Apple has never let me down, but Kerio seems perfectly OK about doing it.
  •  
My IT Indy

howiedi2 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 15:37
tba6440 wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 14:28
Quote:

You summed this up perfectly! The developer version has been around for a long time, and Kerio is just now saying something about it. FAIL!!!

Do you understand that when Apple released Leopard they made MASSIVE changes to the OS AFTER the last "developer" copy? Apparently Apple changed iCal a LOT to deal with their own SL Server. Apple also moved up the release date a month earlier than what they told everybody (including their own developers). Now, simple applications this won't affect much, however if you depend upon certain functions like caldav to be stable and not be changed on you, you need to wait for the GM.

APPLE never ONCE said that the A432 build was GM.

While I'm annoyed with Kerio, it's Apple's piss poor developer communication that screwed this all up.

Oh, and installing a NEW OS the first day it's out? That's asinine if you run a production machine.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
bradyjfrey

This is rather embarrassing, I'd imagine. I pay a lot of money, and we're one of the more public companies using your service (not to mention one of the largest). I purchased this assuming it was full Exchange alternative... and then that would work just fine in Snow Leopard because it has full Exchange Support.

Now we all know Apple has had their moments, but the developer preview has been out for a while, this is pretty slack for the price we pay.

...and don't preach the web application- it's one of the better ones I've seen, by far, but it has significant errors even in the simple HTML. We rarely use it because of those limitations; and these are 101 errors from either 1) someone rushing to pump out HTML or 2) someone using a fairly dated framework or 3) someone just not knowing what they're doing. If they can't code valid, semantic, standards driven HTML, you can imagine the more complex needs are even worse off.

Regardless, this will weigh heavily on our future upgrade paths, I do hope it's fixed quickly.
bradyjfrey

HoosierMac wrote on Fri, 28 August 2009 13:40
Oh, and installing a NEW OS the first day it's out? That's asinine if you run a production machine.

On a server, possibly - on a desktop, not so much. Especially for collaboration management, our expectation was that this was the kiddy stuff that'd work fine.
Previous Topic: What won't work w/Leopard?
Next Topic: leopard's address book exchange sync feature changes too much data
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:51:25 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00518 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.