Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » How to remove viruses in Kerio store with McAfee
  •  
Nixs

Send a private message to this user
We have Norton Antivirus installed on KMS, with the entire mail store as an exclusion. Norton also has "trust" where it doesn't scan network files opened from remote servers with Norton on it.

Norton runs scheduled scans against the store periodically. These are report / read only scans. So I have about 40 viruses in my KMS store that have been there for around a year now. These constantly show up in my virus reports.

I can't just delete these files, or KMS goes nuts as the index.fld doesn't match the files. My question is this; How do I get the integrated McAfee to clean up these old viruses?
  •  
Nixs

So is there no way to do this?
  •  
BudDurland

To my knowledge, the integrated McAfee does NOT scan the mail storre, only messages traveling through the inbound / outbound queue. Once delivered to the message store, McAfee doesn't process them.

I would clean them up by stopping the Kerio mail server, deleting the infected file, then delete the related index.fld file. Deleting stats.usr might not be a bad idea either, if you have quotas in place.

Restart the mail server and it will simply rebuild the missing files, no big deal.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
Previous Topic: Which server platform
Next Topic: iPhone 3.1 firmware fixes Public calendar view!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 18:31:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00398 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.