Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migration - OS X to OS X (Migrating from G5 Xserver to Intel Xserve)
  •  
mhegge

Send a private message to this user
We want to put a G5 server to rest and consolidate to one server. I have found the info on doing this migration through command line (Console: Kerio MailServer Recovery Tool) but have had issues with "volume not found" issues when using command line. I have tried so many times, even recovering from a full backup. At wits end and wish Kerio would provide a transfer or migration tool (GUI) Kerio to Kerio. There has got to be a better way.
  •  
My IT Indy

Use rsync. It's a piece of cake. Here's the command to run on the old server to migrate KMS:

rsync -avz -e ssh --delete /usr/local/kerio/mailserver root<_a.t_>destinationserver:/usr/local/kerio

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
anthony.somerset

rsync is the way to go - i actually have a backup of a mail server that rsyncs every 4 hours to an offsite server

i think the last time i had to restore something from a kerio backup it was such an annoyance (using incrementals at the time) to do that i soon decided that a straight rsync off at regular intervals to keep the comparitive load down and balanced and then doing snapshot style backups of the rsynced volume on a nightly basis(offsite)

i still run kerio backups locally (full ones though - and i wish kerio would allow not having the 2gb file split to make my backup directory look a little cleaner Razz)

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
masterswitch IT

mhegge,
We recently migrated a clients server from ppc to intel and found that we needed to load the spam engine from another intel server as the ppc engine migrated over was incompatible.

Good luck!

Casey Cunningham
masterswitch IT
  •  
mhegge

I am not very skilled at command line and require some more definition to your rsync formula
  •  
anthony.somerset

the commands i used were

rsync --human-readable --stats --recursive --update --delete --whole-file --force -e ssh /opt/kerio/mailserver/*.cfg* <TARGET>

###Sync the Kerio license files
rsync --human-readable --stats --recursive --update --delete --whole-file --force -e ssh /opt/kerio/mailserver/license/* <TARGET>

###Sync the Kerio mailserver store (all the messages)
rsync --compress --human-readable --stats --recursive --update --delete --whole-file --force -e ssh /opt/kerio/mailserver/store/ <TARGET>

these commands assume its a linux box to start with

and also some of the arguments are for using an ssh connection to the <Target> so the target address would be something like username<_a.t_>server.com/full/path/to/location

when i get some time i will fill this out a bit more

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
mhegge

LINUX?

10.5.8 server to a 10.5.8 server

I need more information. Not a savy command line user.
  •  
mhegge

Sorry as I am not very good at unix commands. Plus, how to connect the two servers to do the rsync?

Help
  •  
My IT Indy

Open Terminal and type that command in except put YOUR server info in.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
mhegge

What is <_a.t._>

And do I have to be logged in as root?
  •  
mhegge

I am getting "No such file or directory"
  •  
My IT Indy

Yes, you need to be logged in as root, the <_a.t_> is like the symbol in email addresses. You won't see it posted here on the forum to prevent harvesting.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
masterswitch IT

mhegge,
Feel free to call our offices tomorrow am to discuss the problems your encountering.
We support over 20 kerio mail servers in minneapolis and would be glad to offer you some no cost advice on your migration challenges.

If your not familiar or confident on the command-line on OSX be extremely careful.

We would welcome the opportunity to help you out,

Casey Cunningham
Technical Operations Manager | masterswitch IT | 612-787-1000
  •  
mad101dan

masterswitch IT wrote on Thu, 10 September 2009 07:42
mhegge,
Feel free to call our offices tomorrow am to discuss the problems your encountering.
We support over 20 kerio mail servers in minneapolis and would be glad to offer you some no cost advice on your migration challenges.

If your not familiar or confident on the command-line on OSX be extremely careful.

We would welcome the opportunity to help you out,

Casey Cunningham
Technical Operations Manager | masterswitch IT | 612-787-1000

What a star Surprised
Previous Topic: Unable receive emails Ubuntu
Next Topic: Address Book syncing questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 14:49:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00528 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.