Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » One Time Password in near future?
  •  
valshare

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

will OneTimePassword integrated for the Webinterface in the near future?

We need this ....

Regards, Valle

[Updated on: Tue, 01 September 2009 18:50]

•  
anthony.somerset

i assume you mean single sign on whereby user details are the same for webmail as there system login... this is already available via open directory or active directory sync

with regards to single sign on where by if a user logs into there system and can launch webmail and it is already signed in, as far as i am aware this is currently unimplemented and virtually impossible to implement on a kerio level.

that said you may be able to right a script that opens the browser and submits the right info to the login script for webmail but i would stress that this would be insecure as you would be saving someones user password in plain text somewhere in there documents which i cant stress enough is very very insecure and is very very unrecommended! and also there is no really automated way of doing this, you would have to manually set this up on a per user basis

i dont see what the issue of user logs in, has a link to webmail and then sign in to webmail with there login details, its not even 30 seconds in the grand scheme of things anyway?

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
valshare

Hi, thanx for answer.

Please read, what OTP is for ...

One Time Password

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 18:35]

•  
anthony.somerset

i see what you mean now, i doubt its going to be implemented anytime soon/

if you have some sort of directory sync does that already should it have that integrated as kerio asks the directory to authenticate so passes that off to your directory server

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
jcwelch

anthony.somerset wrote on Tue, 01 September 2009 21:01
i assume you mean single sign on whereby user details are the same for webmail as there system login... this is already available via open directory or active directory sync

No, what Kerio does is allow you to use the same password when you log into mail. that's not the same as Single - Signon, wherein you enter a password once, and you're done with that. For Kerio to do that, it would have to support kerberized client connections, not just a kerb connection between KMS and the directory server

Quote:
with regards to single sign on where by if a user logs into there system and can launch webmail and it is already signed in, as far as i am aware this is currently unimplemented and virtually impossible to implement on a kerio level.

not at all. there are many browsers that support Kerberos, and if you're talking fat client connections, kerberized mail connections are widely supported as well. for example, on Mac OS X, Mail supports kerberized IMAP and Entourage supports Kerbized DAV/EWS connections. Single - Signon for email clients is a well-solved problem, Kerio just as to actually implement it. along with everything else we all want them to do.

Quote:
i dont see what the issue of user logs in, has a link to webmail and then sign in to webmail with there login details, its not even 30 seconds in the grand scheme of things anyway?

Well, for one, it deals with required password changes far more elegantly than KMS currently does.
Previous Topic: User's iphone cal exchange acct not syncing all dates
Next Topic: Edit reply/forward message in FireFox
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:09:50 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.