Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » PAIN - Moving from Linux to Windows Server (or visa versa)
  •  
avvidme

Send a private message to this user
First, don't razz me for moving FROM Linux to Windows, it's only temporary and I needed to get mail backup immediately.

This is more of an issue WITH resolution.

After following the docs to the "T", including doing a full backup and restore - everything seems to work fine except after the restore, Kerio would NOT start. No error logs or debugs even to begin troubleshooting.

Solution: mailserver.cfg, manually change the paths as they are different between Linux and Windows (and visa versa).

Kerio: You should perhaps adjust the KMSRECOVER tool to incorporate the new path. Or at the very least, this type of error should get thrown into the debug/error.log so it doesn't take a half day to troubleshoot the issue.

Cheers
  •  
anthony.somerset

i dont think the kms recover tool was originally intended to migrate between different systems, thats probably why it doesnt do that, my reccomendation would be to use something like virtualbox to create a linux vm on your windows machine then you could install virtual box on your linux box when its fixed and run kerio from a VM, not the ideal setup i know but makes movements like that ten times easier as all you need to do each time is stop the vm move it, restart it, provided its setup with a static IP

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
stupot1397

Maybe you should have checked the knowledgebase, it is well documented that you have to change the paths manually when switching to a different operating system.

This would have saved you a lot of time. I moved from Linux to Windows about 6 months ago as I needed to use NTLM authentication. I never had any issues.
Previous Topic: Question about iCal (10.5) LDAP lookup
Next Topic: Reminders not exposed in KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 01:01:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00421 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.