Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » User Registration (Registration)
  •  
owen_a

Send a private message to this user
hey,

I've recently installed Kerio, and I was wondering, If There was something, were users could create their own accounts, so they can login. Not like I have to create their account, and then tell them there details.

Or somethhing similar. I've recently discovered, that schools sometimes have them like in high-schools, that when they create an account on the computer, so they have there own user account for example.... Username Cash Password Test

There username will be that, then there password that....

Can someone point me to something, so users can create there own, when they come to my site, and register, or, something similar?

- Owen
  •  
anthony.somerset

at this moment in time there is no feature for self registration, i guess you would have to right some sort of script that does that with the web admin engine, but there is no api to make your life easy, i would guess that this is not a highly requested feature so wont really see light of day on the developers mind

on your other feature i think you are referring to a single sign on where by your user logon to a machine is the same as your webmail, this can be done if you have apple open directory or microsoft active directory

it can be done with linux open LDAP but that is a bit more advanced

that said if you have some sort of system that allows people to self register logins with some sort of verification i would assume its not to difficult to set the kerio parts of the directory schema automatically that they are added into kerio automatically

a kerio developer may be able to shed some more light on this aspect (eg kerio activation from the directory rather than kerio admin) but you may have to submit a support ticket to get a reasonably quick response (remember this is a user support forum not a general support forum)

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
owen_a

Yes, thank you for the reply. Its hard to understand in kerio, But your right, I do use Windows. In actual fact, I use Windows XP Professional. As I've just built the computer for my server.

Just to go over again, Because I've never done I think microsoft open directory, I'm a Gamer, Programmer. Could you explain to me please? So It would make me more fluent on what I'm supposed to be doing.

Ahh! I've just noticed something... You can import .CSV files? If I'm correct. So If I'm right is it possible to read out of a database, so for example, I use PHPBB3, when a user registers, It could create an account with the name, I think, or however your Kerio System works?

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 12:49]

•  
anthony.somerset

to use microsoft active directory you need a windows server box as you dont have that there is no point trying to explain it.

yes you can import csv files, the kerio support pages have the right information on what format the file needs to be in to import it

there is no automated process for this

also phpbb3 uses a mysql database, as far as i know kerio cannot sync info from a mysql database so you would have to manually import them from phpbb3 into kerio

cant see what you are trying to do here though?

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I don't think it is a wise idea to allow anonymous users to create own accounts. You can easily exceed the licensed number of users.
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 02 September 2009 13:05
I don't think it is a wise idea to allow anonymous users to create own accounts. You can easily exceed the licensed number of users.

Unless he has an 'unlimited' license which isn't paid for Rolling Eyes
  •  
owen_a

ok?

well all I wanted is a way for users being imported into the database, without manually doing so...
  •  
anthony.somerset

there is no facility to do this sadly unless you have an active directory server or use mac os server and have open directory running on it.

if your not afraid of config files and can get phpb3 to sync with an LDAP database then you can configure kerio to connect to an open ldap server, (you would need to run linux with openldap somewhere though)

that said you would still need to activate them in kerio via the kerio admin interface

again i will also point out what kerio_pdobry said about it being not reccomended to prevent your licence count being exceeded

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 20:49]

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Share Documents in Kerio MailServer
Next Topic: Google Calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 02:57:37 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.