Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Mailserver and OS X Snow Leopard (continued)
  •  
greg_m

Send a private message to this user
As the other thread was closed, I'll have to open another one. What is the current status in terms of running KMS 6.7.1 under OS X Server 10.6? I am about to order a new Xserve, which my supplier tells me will arrive with 10.6 preinstalled, not a dropin DVD. This server is to replace a three and a half year old G5 Xserve which runs KMS.

Has this been tested and certified?

Thanks
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is being tested at these days. So far, no serious issue with running Kerio MailServer on 10.6. Server has been reported. Anyway, I would recommend to wait (if possible) until all tests will be finished.

Migration between G5 and Intel platform on Mac has some requirements (as described in KB articles). Bayes database is not compatible and cannot be migrated. Also search indexes in the message store could be automatically rebuilt after migrating to Intel platform, which may cause slower server and higher CPU usage first few hours or days after the migration.
  •  
greg_m

OK, thanks for the quick response. I guess I can wait for a little while, but I'm nervous that the Applecare runs out on this server in a week. It would be just my luck that it chooses to break outside of warranty!
  •  
grahamperrin

Will Kerio be at CalConnect XVI in October?
  •  
grahamperrin

Probably off-topic from Kerio: if it helps, <http://n2.nabble.com/-tp3535331p3624685.html> leads to items in Bugzilla for OSAF, one of which refers to an item in Bugzilla for Zimbra.

(I'm not a user of Kerio, simply sharing info across CalDAV user communities. You'll sometimes find me in <irc://irc.freenode.net/##caldav-interop>.)
  •  
rkovelman

I am confused what the warranty has to do with the kerio or why that should matter? I have a G4 server way beyond the apple care and its running fine. Sure if a part goes I am down for a little bit till I move the data over to another server or if not I can wait till I get the part the following day. You can order parts right? That would be your first step.

For me I would like to move to 10.6 for the enhanced LDAP and SAMBA updates. My question is a bit more complex as Kerio runs off of 10.5 but needs to see the LDAP on a 10.6 server for authentication. Will this work now or so I still have to wait till the next version of Kerio?

Thanks
Previous Topic: MS Entourage won't forget connection
Next Topic: Distribution list using secondary email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 08:37:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00379 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.