Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Public group email address but private user email address
  •  
angvkiat

Send a private message to this user
I have this situation:

1. I have created a user: abc<_a.t_>domain.com
2. I have checked "this user can send/receive email to/from his/her own domain only", creating the effect that the user do not have "personal" email address available to the outside world but for internal (in domain) only
3. I include this user to a group: group1<_a.t_>domain.com
4. This group is known to the outside world
5. In Outlook, I "Customize Sender" info for the user and set his Email Address and Reply-To Address to group1<_a.t_>domain.com
6. The user can send email out to anybody with sender email address as group1<_a.t_>domain.com
7. Problem: When external parties reply/sent email to group1<_a.t_>domain.com, the user abc cannot receive the email. The sender will get "Delivery not authorized, recipient can receive emails from his/her own domain only"

Pls advise as to how i can solve this matter.

PS: In actual situation, there are more than one users in the group where all users do not have "personal" email address. This is part of company's policy.

Server: Kerio MailServer 6.6.1 build 7069
Client: Windows XP SP2, MS Outlook 2003 SP3, KOFF 6.6.1.7069
  •  
anthony.somerset

quite simply only allow emails to this domain means precisely that

no matter what group they are in and mail is sent to the group if it is from outside it wont get there.

you could try an alias but i am guessing its the same issue.

what you could do is just setup a generic account as well as there internal only account (it might even be able to forward emails without issue (again untested and presuming wont work))

personally i really wish i could have the option of 1 way email eg user can send email out but not recieve, or more appropriately for groups you can send to a group only if you are in the domain, eg a spammer cant send an email to the group because they aren't a domain user (good for internal only mail lists)

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
angvkiat

hi anthony,

thanks for the reply.

Quote:
you could try an alias but i am guessing its the same issue

i'd tried. this is not working as well.

Quote:
what you could do is just setup a generic account as well as there internal only account (it might even be able to forward emails without issue (again untested and presuming wont work))

i don't really get what u mean. can u pls elaborate?

i do hope there is a solution to my issue.
  •  
anthony.somerset

well they could have there internal account which is bobsmith<_a.t_>company which cant send mail outside the domain, then they can have a second account called departmenta<_a.t_>company.com that can send email externally so it can recieve, and then you just make sure you use the same smtp settings for both accounts (use bobsmith) that way he wont be able to send externally

ok it looks messy and uses 2 licenses but it gets the job done.

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: Missing "Contacts in public folders"
Next Topic: BlackBerry Forwards showing HTML
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Oct 22 04:48:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.