Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Synchronization Plug-in
  •  
ayates

Send a private message to this user
What happened to the Kerio Synchronization Plug-in?
I have searched the downloads, the forums, knowledgebase and manuals and I don't see any mention of it.
I know the KOC gets more attention, but the KSP works well. Has it gone? Is the old one supported on newer versions of KMS?
  •  
anthony.somerset

if you are referring to the mac plugin its now referred to as Kerio Sync connector (KSC)

also if you are referring to the win plugin, i beleive KOFF and KOC (the same thing almost) have superseded KSP

[Updated on: Sun, 06 September 2009 12:32]

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
ayates

Ah, sorry, I meant the Outlook plug-in.
Do you know if the KSP plug-in from 6.5 will still work against a server at 6.7? It does the job and is much simpler to install and use than the KOC or KOFF.
With KSP a user can have a normal IMAP account and also keep contacts, calendar and notes synchronised with the server (and therefore available in webmail).
  •  
anthony.somerset

as far as i am aware, superseded means replaced by

it may work for you but i have a feeling its unsupported and you will be reccomended to upgrade to koff and the nearest opportunity, to be honest i would be surprised if it did work with 6.7 purely due to the fact that for every update of server i have to update all my win clients (and i am glad that non priveleged users seem to be able to allow the system to update itself without hassle - although at the same time concerned that its possible Razz )

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
ayates

I need to find out if I can just keep using the KSP plugin 6.5 after updates to the server.
KSP is really simple for users to install and use. Moving them to KOFF is a whole new project and there is nothing we need that the KSP does not do (apart from it disappearing from time to time, but that's another matter!).
  •  
anthony.somerset

kerio sync plugin is no longer available for download therefore assume it will not work

if you upgrade to 6.7.1 be prepared to have to install KOC/KOFF (one is online the other is offline and the choice depends on your needs)

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Kerio Synchronization Plug-in has been superseded by Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline edition) 6.5.0 which is offering much more functions.
Starting with Kerio MailServer 6.6.0, Kerio Synchronization Plug-in is not available for download and KSP 6.5.0 is supported for next year. This was in September 2008.
Currently the KSP support is at the end. Kerio Synchronization Plug-in is no longer tested with Kerio MailServer and we don't guarantee functionality of KSP 6.5.0 with any future KMS version. It may work but it is likely that it will not work forever. It can happen anytime.
We recommend all customers to upgrade to Kerio Outlook Connector.
  •  
ayates

OK, thanks, at least that is clear. Too bad, the KSP was nice and simple and did the job.
I have not used the KOFF? Is it something that a non-technical user could set up on their Outlook with an existing KMS IMAP account?
  •  
anthony.somerset

this is theoretically possible but not a good idea

KOFF basically is a mapi plugin that effectively emulates your exchange funtionality in outlook and there is no way of setting it for contacts and calendars only so by setting up your koff account you render the imap account obsolete

also you can go to the integration tab of your webmail and you can use the auto configure koff tool which is very good, its reasonably simple really because there is only 3 bits of info needed: username, password and mailserver address

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
  •  
ayates

Thanks, that's very helpful
I can see for a greenfield site adopting KOFF is fine.
Implementing KOFF where all the users currently use IMAP with KSP seems to be a big project.
Anyway, that's the picture clear, thanks
  •  
anthony.somerset

not really a big project

as they are imap users all you have to do is remove there imap account and add the koff account and all the mail is already there, especially as you have already got contacts and calendars synced via KSP before hand

Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
18 iPhones
Previous Topic: iPhone 3.1 firmware fixes Public calendar view!
Next Topic: Two different Internet Connections and one domain only!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 17:15:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00497 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.