Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Sync Connector vs. Exchange Sync in Apple Address Book
  •  
howiedi2

Send a private message to this user
Every time I update KMS, end users are prompted at some point to download and install the Kerio Synch Connector. Most end users simply ignore these prompts, or they can't figure out what to do despite my creating a very simple support document detailing exactly what to do. As a result of this, I have been experimenting with Address Book's native Exchange synching. It seems to work really well, but it does not include the GAL. Users can still search for someone's information through the directory in Address Book.

I'm leaning toward doing away with the KSC since all of the Mac users in the office are using iCal configured with the iCal auto-config utility. Does anyone have any best practices on this method, or a better way to utilize the KSC? End users are notorious for putting off updates of all kinds because they're too busy to do them. I stopped using the KSC a long time ago myself.
  •  
anthony.somerset

i have had a very mixed bag with using exchange syncing within address book

some users no problem once we get past the if you need it on/off your phone asap you have to manually sync otherwise its once an hour

some users get all sorts of issues with names display for example i had some contacts display first last and some last first regardless of setting the mode.

some users lost all group contacts funtionality

a few users started getting duplicated contacts everytime and other syncing nightmares including not syncing at all even though it doesnt report any issues

from my personal experience i would reccomend installing KSC as standard ok its an added overhead but one that i have found saves a massive headache down the line

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
marook

Simply use a tool to push out the update, like Apple Remote Desktop or somthing like it.
And then file a ER with Kerio to make the Auto Update feature disabable on the client!

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: KOFF 6.7.1 - Error 2738 Could not access VBScript run time for custom action
Next Topic: how to block sending attachments to large usergroups?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 12:31:11 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.