Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS ldap with Linksys SPA9X2 phones
  •  
zvijerka

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

for couple of days i have been trying to setup Linksys SPA922 SIP telephone to retreive contacts from mailserver over LDAP but unsuccessfully.

LDAP server:
LDAP Auth method: None, Simple or DIGEST-MD5
LDAP client DN:
LDAP username:
LDAP password:
LDAP search base:

These are parameters that i have to fill but all combinations failed to work. I tryed to connect with some LDAP browser and there was no problem, but on the phone i can't get that directory no matter what i try.

has anyone done this and can help me with it??
  •  
matstone99

This might come as a bit of a late reply but I have successfully connected all of my Linksys SPA942 (Firmware v6.1.5a) phones in our office to our Kerio Mailserver (v6.7.1) using the following settings:

LDAP Dir Enable: YES
LDAP Corp Dir Name: *the name you wish to appear on the phone for the ldap search function*
LDAP Server: IP address of your kerio mailserver or FQDN
LDAP Auth Method: Simple
LDAP Client DN: *username of the account you wish to use to connect to LDAP*
LDAP Username: *username of the account you wish to use to connect to LDAP*
LDAP Password: *password of the account you wish to use to connect to LDAP*
LDAP Search Base: fn=ContactRoot
LDAP Last Name Filter: sn:(sn=*$VALUE*)
LDAP First Name Filter: cn:(cn=*$VALUE*)
LDAP Display Attrs: a=cn;a=sn;a=mobile,n=Mobile,t=p;a=telephoneNumber,n=Phone,t= p;

The display attributes can be customised, the example above shows the first name and surname of the contact and then shows the mobile number, or if there is no mobile it shows the telephone number. The phone can only show one number so it matches the first number it finds in the order as shown above.

a= attribute
n= Display Name (when detail button is pressed)
t=p this will set the number to be called when dial is pressed

The fields above are all required with the fields I haven't shown optional. The Number Mapping field should be used to re-format the numbers in the same format as your dial plan. In my office we dial the numbers as we would on a normal phoneline so I haven't re-mapped the telephone number.

Hope this helps, if you need anymore info to help your setup just let me know.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 February 2010 11:27]

Matt Stone
  •  
rokio-email

hi!

thanks for the info, but I cannot get it working.
I use the exact configuration, but I get: "LDAP error, cannot connect to server". This happens when i try the "admin" account, but also a user (full email address as username) that has admin rights on the public folder.

I can make a succesfull search (accoring to the logging stats) but that only works when I use : LDAP Auth= None , and then I never see any result from the search...

I assume I do something wrong with the username/pass? anyone?

rob
  •  
matstone99

Hi rob,

What sort of network set-up do you have?

i.e.

- are you using an active directory in a domain environment?
- are your domain users mapped to Kerio or are they stand-alone?
- do you have a firewall that could be blocking port 389 between your linksys handset and your kerio mailserver?

If you can provide me with the following bits of information I will do my best to help you resolve this problem:

- Kerio Mailserver IP (within your local network) and version of Kerio you are using
- Model of Linksys handset you are using including the current firmware version

N.B. When we got our connection to work we only used the username without the domian administrator instead of administrator<_at_>ascotgroup.co.uk

Matt Stone
  •  
chrisgi

Hello,

Thanks for informations matstone99.

I can confirm here that the SPA962 can connect directly to the LDAP server on the Kerio Connect host.

But anyone know why i can't dial when i select a contact i've searched before ?

Same question on screening (it's ok from a personnal directory but not on LDAP directory).

Thanks for any help.

Regards.

Christophe.

•  
chrisgi

A first answer : for the dialing error it's Okay when you delete the spae before the "p;"

For ldap request on incoming seems to be a Linksys 'problem' or not implemented...

From Kerio side : no pbl Wink
Previous Topic: iphone 4 imap email showing html code
Next Topic: attachment problem
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 17:13:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01006 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.